Tutorial Quest Types and How to Make them

Anyone mind giving me more feedback lol. Id like to know if its a good Tut or not :D . I wonder how many smileyfaces there were in this thread before i edited the tut...

People, rate the thread plz lol. Even though i think he already asked you in his own way for me :p haha. I want some feedback. Too hard to understand? Not enough info? What?!?!

dragonhord said:
People, rate the thread plz lol. Even though i think he already asked you in his own way for me :p haha. I want some feedback. Too hard to understand? Not enough info? What?!?!
See ur thread rating :D

Cool 5 stars :p . Hopefully ill get more feedback haha. 5 stars... better than 4 stars. Worse than 6. Which from my knowledge isnt possible to get therefore woohoo!

dragonhord said:
Cool 5 stars :p . Hopefully ill get more feedback haha. 5 stars... better than 4 stars. Worse than 6. Which from my knowledge isnt possible to get therefore woohoo!
6 stars...if you catch 6 stars from the sky, +rep :p .Btw, your improvements on your tutorial made it look official, good work ;)

Thank you, thank you :D. Btw... off topic

400th post :D!!! Itd be about my 700th but about 300 of my old posts got deleted. Any ideas why?

Chocobo said:
For Quest Types, most of them gives you a item reward, you should teach people on how to use Item Pools, so they can learn more. :p
Oh hadnt thought of that one :D . I'll add that right now as a matter of fact.

Item Pool contains a percentage to be chosen, like Item Drop Neutrals.

call RandomDistAddItem( ItemId, X )
Gives to Id item X% chance to get chosen

call RandomDistReset( )
Resets the Item Pool

call CreateItemLoc( RandomDistChoose(), GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()) )
Create a item from the Item Pool

Edit : Those functions exist in WEU as GUI.

I had thought more on the lines of a item reward for the quest short and simple haha. This is kind of a basic quest tutorial :p . Not often do quests give random items to the player.

I need some help.... cant quite understand how you got this.

Actions
Special Effect - Destroy QuestEffects[1]

Where am I supposed to find that? Ive looked under Special effects and all it comes up with is Destroy [Last created special effect], need help finding the paths you took. Really confusing.

So.. I figured out the QuestsEffect thing, thats using variables I would think? After that Im having problems with Set Quest[1] nad the rest. Now when you do Use Special Effect on Unit and the rest of those single line codes. Are those sepparate Triggers? Maybe you should say that cause I am totally lost......

Thats not exactly helping me... lol - Just need some things set straight. Not how to find certain codes.

Im pretty sure i explained all of your questions in the tutorial. Look over it and see if you can find what you want. I explain how to find all of the trigger things. If you still need help let me know.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.