Religion Ability Ideas

wewso

Reaction score
I have a strategy map of ancient Europe and I need to create some "religion" abilities for the 4 religions I am using. The ability has to be passive and must corespond to the religion's beliefs.

Religions:
-Christianity
-Islam
-Tangrism
-Orthodox Chr.

I dont want any 3rd graders posting about this pls. I need someone thats good at history (like me :cool:)

Islam - 10% chance of inflicting an explosion upon attack

Now seriously:

Christianity:
Conversion - an attack has a chance of converting the attacked unit to your side

Islam:
Jihad - +x% damage

Tangrism
Don't know what this is

Orthodox Chr.
Discipline - +x armor

I would think somewhere in that direction.

Christianlity is IMBA :eek: Cant be that way maybe a chance to heal is better

In Tengriism, the meaning of life is seen as living in harmony with the surrounding world. Tengriist believers view their existence as sustained by the eternal blue Sky, Tengri, the fertile Mother-Earth, Eje, and a ruler who is regarded as the holy Son of the Sky. Heaven, Earth, the spirits of nature and the ancestors provide every need and protect all humans. By living an upright and respectful life, a human being will keep his world in balance and maximize his personal power Wind Horse. Shamans play an important role in restoring balance when it is thrown off by disaster or spirit interference.

Stg like budism but in Eastern Europe
It is likely that Tengriism was the religion of the Huns, Eurasian Avars, early Hungarians, and of the early Bulgars who brought it to Europe.[3]. It is still actively practised in Sakha, Buryatia, Tuva, and Mongolia, in parallel with Tibetan Buddhism and Burkhanism.

Christianlity is IMBA :eek: Cant be that way maybe a chance to heal is better

Tangrism is an Asian polytheistic religion its stg like Budism

I never heard of Tangrism either. But when you say Asian, I kinda get the feeling it should have an ability that gives them a % chance to summon some kind of religious beast or man for some seconds to strike their enemies.

Yep healing could be, but it wouldnt be passive for all units. Also, if you make the passive for other religions IMBA too, christianity isnt IMBA anymore, so its fine.

Religion has a big influence after all.

I like them all to be connected to HP so that there are more balanced.

Christianity (I connect it to holyness and stuff) - 5% chance to heal 10% HP

Islam (main idea of ancient Islam: Equality) - 5% of damage deadlt to this unit is dealt to nearby friendly units instead.

Tangriism ("In Tengriism, the meaning of life is seen as living in harmony with the surrounding world") - 5% of damage dealt to this unit is also dealt to the attaker

Orthodox Chr. I dont have any ideas still :(

Holy Cross - will make an cross on the ground (and an resuruction caster anímation on the caster), that will begin to cirkle around and demage enemy units that get hitted by the cross

Holy Cross - will make an cross on the ground (and an resuruction caster anímation on the caster), that will begin to cirkle around and demage enemy units that get hitted by the cross

He said passive.

Well orthodox christianity... I don't think it was there in ancient Europe

Islam - equality? why not a certain damage reflect?

Tengriism - Living in harmony with the world - maybe a certain link between health and mana - like x% of damage dealt is taken from mana instead of health.

Yea I thaught of the mana link thing but not all units will have mana in my map. Its not exactly "ancient" europe. Its the period between 0 AD to 500-600 AD. There was Orthodox Chr. then like in the Byzantine impire.

Islam - actualy the ancient idea of Islam was equality for all people including women and slaves, much like christianlity. Its very very different from nowdays Islam. I already have the dmg reflection thing

islam begins at 500+ ad?
600+ got europe? dark age also haven begins, most europe still ruled by barbarian, invading and stealing others property...all hale ceasar XD

skills:
1. +200% damage attack +100% damage receive
2. +100% ms +100% damage attack + 200% damage receive
3. pray? (req 5sec casting time) +100armor
4. call upon civilian to temporally join army to fight (maybe give penalty of gold or sort)
5. burn opponet's holy item to make them charge towards you(taunt, req time to cast)
6. pray (again) =.= sing and praise loudly to dispute or disturb enemy...

by that time, many of those people really are overheated, little do you need you can make them fight like insane, the skills i mention should be like aura, once a priest or so goes near the army, they will cause such effect over ordinary...

Relegious Power

woops did'nt see that it has to be passive, anyway i got another sugestion...
Relegious Power - you hero got 10% chance that it will cast an holy light kinda thing that will work in an cirkle in a range of 200 aorund the hero... (Damage undead and heal living)

islam begins at 500+ ad?
600+ got europe? dark age also haven begins, most europe still ruled by barbarian, invading and stealing others property...all hale ceasar XD

skills:
1. +200% damage attack +100% damage receive
2. +100% ms +100% damage attack + 200% damage receive
3. pray? (req 5sec casting time) +100armor
4. call upon civilian to temporally join army to fight (maybe give penalty of gold or sort)
5. burn opponet's holy item to make them charge towards you(taunt, req time to cast)
6. pray (again) =.= sing and praise loudly to dispute or disturb enemy...

by that time, many of those people really are overheated, little do you need you can make them fight like insane, the skills i mention should be like aura, once a priest or so goes near the army, they will cause such effect over ordinary...

@ takethat
Wow wow wow slow down. My map is a strategic map with all theese nations from ancient europe fighting for territory. I dont want the religion to have such an influence on gameplay. Just one passive ability that charecterises the religion's beliefs will be perfect.

You have very nice ideas there but I need to think about the other 3 religions, too not only about christianity. I know all of you are catholic but I really have to be objective in balancing the map.

EDIT: Dont miss understand me. Im christian too - Orthodox christian

you din answer me le, 500+ islan begins adi?

the reason i dun put religion name infront of the skill is, basically it is suitable for any religion.

mayb Tangrism is like buddism, but even christianity and islam talk about peace and love. but nearly all of religion has been widely use in violent act, so the skill i suggest is useable in all 4 religions.

dont tell me ordinary buddist wudnt get angry if you burn down thier temple.
anyway i din notice you want passive, so:
RCC - increase armor,hp regen, water resistant, etc
Islam - increase ms, as, fire resistant, etc
Tangrism - increase armor,mana regen, magic resistant, etc
orth - no idea XD since i dont know the history of orth,

Make an ability like Inferno, but make it hit the entire map, and deal 99,999 damage; and instead of Infernals, make it spawn Satan. Call it, "Jehovah's Witness Meteor of Doom".

Can't you just have a religious bonus of some kind? Like you said health bonus, or build time bonus, or w/e.. I think that is far easier and it is more used.

Just my opinion.

He said passive.

Well orthodox christianity... I don't think it was there in ancient Europe

Whaaa ?? dude orthodox christianity was the 1st , than came the chatolic christianity sooo ... ya it was there ...

If u have Ortx. Christ. and Catolicism, why dont u add a Protestancy (I dont know the word in english)

Oh, yeah. There were celts in mid Europe, Scandinavians to the north and other tribes that had different beliefs, long before christianity. Look them up in google or wikipedia or something

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.