RPG Project Inquiry?

DiFm

Reaction score
Okey Since I'm leaving my current project into the beta testers hands for a while and was getting itchy to start on my new project however I refrained from doing this and instead thought I would check how many would like the idea of my next project.

It's Wizard RPG.

The Idea is that it will be completly spellbased where you have no attack.

All start equally you dont have diffrent races or diffrent spells you get when you level up but instead you search to find the spells.

Spell damage depends on intellegence.

Element System.

Summon System.

Several ways to learn Spells including:

Completing a quest
Training
In Combat
Scrolls

Well if i start with this project I gonna need some help on the spells I'm gonna need lots and lots of spellmakers anyone who wants can join.

The Spell List is gonna be long.

Is this game desired?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if you want, i could do the terrain again, but i wont make any spells ^^ i have enough of triggering custom spells for a while.

DiFm

Reaction score
That would be great accname ^^. as for the desire it seems i got various response.:p

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I can try to make some spells, if you want.

DiFm

Reaction score
Thanks I, ll open a thread later where everyone can submit their spells. If you want to start allready I'll post the format. I'm Aiming to have about +200 spells.

remember the damage is Intellegence based. I think it's best to have diffrent lvls and then set the lvl according to intellegence in order to time damage and effects Right.

Okey the Power is ranked:

S Rank: The most powerful spells they deal around 500 damage. About 5% of total spells.

A Rank: They deal around 300 damage. About 10% of total spells.

B Rank: They deal around 200 damage. About 30% of total spells.

C Rank: They deal around 100 Damage. About 45% of total spells.

D Rank They deal around 1-50 damage. About 10% of total spells.

The intellegence shouldnt be an important factor but it should help.

Example- C Rank: Deals 60+int.
Example- B Rank: Deals 210+int/2.

Requirements:

It must be MUI.

It must be Leakless.

It must be defined to an element.

It must have tooltip description and name.

It should be only be 1 lvl unless you define the intellegence damage upon the lvl. atleast it's no spells that you lvl up.

DarkSonicele

Reaction score
DiFm, it sounds like an interesting project, and it might be something I would play if you ever release it. Even though I find it interesting, I just don't have the time to help :( (Currently working with my own project and I'm on warcrack).

But here are some questions for the project:
-Is it going to be an RPG where you use a save/load code or is it one where you just start and play it to an end?

-If it has a save/load code, will it then be possible to play singleplayer or do you need to play multiplayer?

-Is it going to have an end to it, or will it just be one big grind fest where you go from one boss to another until non remains, then saves your char and restart?

-Will it be possible to customize anything on your wizard/char./whatever?

-Will you have a mana pool or will it be big enough to just spam spells, now that you don't have a normal attack?

-Is there going to be any kind of stat bonus from leveling? (Like attribute bonus)

-How will you store your spells, just the ordinary 4-6 spells or will there be spellbooks and a possibility to replace spells?

That's gotta be enough for now :thup:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
hey DiFm, if you need some help with anything else but spells in your rpg, like item systems, quests, dungeons, stuff like that, i could help you. I know pretty much about RPG style maps.

DiFm

Reaction score
DiFm, it sounds like an interesting project, and it might be something I would play if you ever release it. Even though I find it interesting, I just don't have the time to help :( (Currently working with my own project and I'm on warcrack).

But here are some questions for the project:
-Is it going to be an RPG where you use a save/load code or is it one where you just start and play it to an end?

-If it has a save/load code, will it then be possible to play singleplayer or do you need to play multiplayer?

-Is it going to have an end to it, or will it just be one big grind fest where you go from one boss to another until non remains, then saves your char and restart?

-Will it be possible to customize anything on your wizard/char./whatever?

-Will you have a mana pool or will it be big enough to just spam spells, now that you don't have a normal attack?

-Is there going to be any kind of stat bonus from leveling? (Like attribute bonus)

-How will you store your spells, just the ordinary 4-6 spells or will there be spellbooks and a possibility to replace spells?

That's gotta be enough for now :thup:

1. Thats one of the things I want to ask you people here what do you think would be best suited. Basically I think its better if its save/load since I think I want to make it a long game.

3. The basic idea was to have it multiplayer but i suppose it would be possible to make it SP also.

2.The basic Idea was to have an end within a time limit possible set. so you go out you get your spells then when the time has ended the so called "End event" starts.

3.define custommize. give examples.

4. there will be a mana pool but the idea is that D rank is able to use as almost normal attack using very little mana and being able to spam. and the S rank spells cost so much as if you use 1 of them they cost about 60% mana even for a high LvL.

5. Yes its still questionable if I'm only gonna improve mana since I believe I use constant hp making it also more realistic but people should be able to use shield spells.

6. No defenitly not 4-6 Spells they are gonna be in 4-6 Spellbooks each one containing one elemental. about the other issue i gotta dig in in how it would work with switching spells in Spellbooks. Everyone Starts off wth no spells. then they learn individually eachone gaining their own spells in their own ways.

@accname
Yea that would be great would be cool if you also could give some advice on the other issues, I dont have so much experience with rpg.

@dannyboydude that could come in handy since alot of spells will be given through quests and also other bonuses in making quests.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
for the spells, you could make the players able to learn spells and select the 5 ones they want to be able to use with their char. the 5 spells they can use could be switchable everytime. in my opinion a nice idea

DiFm

Reaction score
OKey, if i fiddle around with this.

You start With 6 Spellbooks On the hero that cant be dropped.

then when clicked on fire spellbook they give the hero all of his fire Spells that he has learned.

you have any opinions/suggestions on this system?

DarkSonicele

Reaction score
1. Thats one of the things I want to ask you people here what do you think would be best suited. Basically I think its better if its save/load since I think I want to make it a long game.

2. The basic idea was to have it multiplayer but i suppose it would be possible to make it SP also.

3.The basic Idea was to have an end within a time limit possible set. so you go out you get your spells then when the time has ended the so called "End event" starts.

4.define custommize. give examples.

5. there will be a mana pool but the idea is that D rank is able to use as almost normal attack using very little mana and being able to spam. and the S rank spells cost so much as if you use 1 of them they cost about 60% mana even for a high LvL.

6. Yes its still questionable if I'm only gonna improve mana since I believe I use constant hp making it also more realistic but people should be able to use shield spells.

7. No defenitly not 4-6 Spells they are gonna be in 4-6 Spellbooks each one containing one elemental. about the other issue i gotta dig in in how it would work with switching spells in Spellbooks. Everyone Starts off wth no spells. then they learn individually eachone gaining their own spells in their own ways.

Thanks for answering the questions, and if this is too off-topic then I will just PM you it instead. :)

@ Number 4. Will all wizard models be the same or will it have a wider selection of models for your wizard? Or will your model change as you increase in level or will you gain some special effects on your wizard, like thunderbolts on your hands when you carry a special item?

Btw, got two new questions (Yeah, I am a bit of a pest when I get interested in something :p)

-Will there be any kinds of items that might increase your health/mana/spell damage/int etc. or maybe items with auras/passive abilities/active abilities?

-Will you be able to specialize in a certain kind of element, so that if you're specialized in fire or lightning you will deal, say 10% extra damage, with spells of that type? (Could be gained through a quest or a serie of quests, that might require high level or a group of wizards, if you still want to make everyone start equal)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought about something like in the attached map. I hope you like it.

Edit: As for the characters, you could do it like this:
Character construction:
-select gender (no effects)
-select vertex colour (no effects)
-select main element (increase effectivity in that element but decreases effectivity in the adverse element)
-select 1 - 3 Start spells (out of a list of about 10)
-select main attribute (bonus of 3 attribute points in that attribute)

maybe you could use some of the ideas for the character construction...

Edit2: About the system, i did it that you can choose the skills after clicking the select button, better first open another menu where you can first select the element of the skill and then learn/unlearn the ability.

DiFm

Reaction score
@Dannyboy
weird? well its working i've allready made a simple system thats working however it needs alot of tuning.

I will have items but you can only use one of the same type. Robe/Staff/Orb

they will give spell damage and magic damage reduction and specialized spell damage.

The wizards will change dependent on the items or what course they take.

The wizards will be able to take party quests fighting bosses go in wizard school/apprentice of another great wizard. I am planning to have a school that takes time to complete and you can only join if your high lvl but the nyou gget specialized in one element lets say if you happens to get a S rank Lightning spell you might want to join the school and vbecome Specialized in it.

OKey well I got an better idea i make a spellbook where all elements are instead.

EDit accname: okey I'll see howthe spell system is made.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
that spell system is genius jsut a few variables setting the unit and whatnot lol

this could become succesful if we work on it

Hildagarn

Reaction score
I think you should be able to choose race
Orc Warlock- + mana
Tauren shaman- +hp
Human Sorscerer- +cetain starter spell dmg

thats wht i think...but other than their specialty they are all the same

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.