Setting rally point causes fatal error

Hellohihi

Reaction score
In my vampirism speed map,

Using the command center or base of operations to set a rally point causes fatal error.

Here are the details:
1. Setting a rally point causes a fatal error only if the structure was upgraded from another structure (citadel of faith).
2. If the command center or base of operation is build directly from a worker, then setting the rally does not cause fatal error.
3. I have managed to bypass the rallypoint fatal error by replacing the structure when it is upgraded, i used triggers to replace the structure with the same type of structure, by doing so, it does not cause fatal error when setting a rallypoint.
4. I am 100% sure that i have no triggers that messes with upgraded structures or rally points.

I need solutions please, i do not want to use the replace bypass method that i am currently using.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Why don't you want to use your replace method?

Because in my map, there is other structures that has no placement-requirment, so the other structures can be build on the pre-upgraded structure, and when the pre-upgraded structure is upgraded, nothing happens, but if it is replaced, it will shift out of its original position.

I find it quite hard to explain, but i hope you guys understand me.

Reaction score
> 1. Setting a rally point causes a fatal error only if the structure was upgraded from another structure (citadel of faith).
Does the previous structure also have the option to place rally points?

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
> 1. Setting a rally point causes a fatal error only if the structure was upgraded from another structure (citadel of faith).
It does.

The only Player-Unit event that fires when setting a rally point is Issued Point Order. Try disabling any triggers that deal with that event.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
It does.

The only Player-Unit event that fires when setting a rally point is Issued Point Order. Try disabling any triggers that deal with that event.

none.

The previous structures do not train units so they do not have the rally point ability.

However, after reading your post, i went to test it out.

I added the rally point ability to the pre-upgraded structures via triggers.

But still, with or without the rally point ability on the pre-upgraded structures still cause the upgraded structure to cause fatal error when setting the rally point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.