Setting Time as 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I want to set the time for all my upgrades to 0, but I can't do it--I know you're supposed to do 8739, but that doesn't work, it still stays at 1. Whats going on?

U

Unregistered

You are in the wrong section. Go to "Scenario" and click on the "Upgrade Settings..." option, once in there you enter the 8739 for both "Base" & "Factor" for any upgrade you want to be instant.

U

Unregistered

Forgot to add that you only put 8739 in the "Time Cost" slots because the other two are for mineral and ore upgrade costs, and I don't think people would like to have to pay 8739 in both ore and minerals for one upgrade :).

U

Unregistered

mission briefing problems

hey, i'm trying 2 make a mission briefing thats pretty simple--just text. it wokrs fine when i test my map in singleplayer, but in multiplayer the game starts almost instantly, no matter whether or not i click start, and the text doesn't scroll down. I put a wait command in, but it still doesnt work. HELP!

U

Unregistered

You have to put wait in after every text you type because everyone's computer runs at a different speed, which is one reason your text is going so fast.

If you have multiple text messages make sure you put in a wait command after each one and make sure you wait time is enough so that everyone will have time to read the messages. I always put the wait fucntion separate from the text trigger so it is easier to adjust the time needed. I also have have a formula that I like to use for the time that you wait, which gives people enough time to read the message. For every word give a person 300 mls to read it so if you have 12 words of text that would be 3600 mls you put in under wait.

For the best examples of how this is done open one of the campaign games that came with with Starcraft, like the Enslaver games. They will show you how to do it perfectly.

C

Coop

i just put 10000 for the time to read it because my briefings usually jump from text to text :)..cause im cool like that

U

Unregistered

You keep telling yourself that and one day you might actually believe it's true :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.