Shift Clicking to Exceed Limits on Mac?

avalya

Reaction score
Okey, simple question, how do you exceed the limit of the object editor's fields, such as armor above 1000 or the angle of doodads less than 0 for example? Shift clicking does not seem to work, and I'm using a macbook 13" I don't know if that changes anything but I also am not able to move doodads up and down since I don't have a Page Down and Up keys.

Any help is appreciated.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
File > Configure Controls. You'll find everything you need under the tab Terrain Editor.

avalya

Reaction score
Yeah, I've tried doing that as well, but still nothing, the shift clicking is the biggest of my concerns.

avalya

Reaction score
That's what I've done, a while ago, but it does not change anything, it still doesn't work.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Shift clicking does not seem to work, and I'm using a macbook 13" I don't know if that changes anything
You're right, shift-click to override a maximum value is not implemented in the Mac World Editor. :( It sucks.

It's not easy, but you can unpack the map file using MPQ Extractor, modify the individual data files using a hex editor, and repack the map using DropMPQ. Or you could send the map to a Windows user and have them edit the values for you. :p Or you could get a copy of Windows and run it on your Mac. :thdown:

As for page up/down, try Fn+↑ and Fn+↓.

avalya

Reaction score
Are those the arrow keys?

Also, I might get windows on it so I can run a couple of other WE related things, thanks for the help.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.