Report Student wears jeans for 15 months, proves they have no more germs than after 13 days

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Experts always suggest that we wait longer before washing our jeans to preserve the denim, but just how long can we go? According to an ABC News report, Canadian college student Josh Le put his jeans to the test in the name of science, wearing them for 15 months without washing them.

He got the idea to try this experiment during an introductory to textiles class. "My professor mentioned that she researches on textiles and bacteria, so it piqued my curiosity there," Le told ABC News. "I half jokingly said we should do a bacterial analysis on them [Le's jeans] and that's where it sort of started."

In September 2009, Le bought a $165 pair of Nudie jeans for his sophomore year at University of Alberta and wore them 330 times by December 2010, documenting his progress on Facebook and in a YouTube video. During this time, the denim lightened up and got a few holes, but they also started to form to his body and become the best pair of jeans ever.

Le carried around paper towels to dab out stains, and if they smelled he put them in the freezer overnight or let them hang and air out for a few hours. "If you don't wash your clothing, it raises questions. I was very careful with odor. I did the smell test in the morning," Le said in the interview.

This is MADNESS. I love it with every read. <3

Last edited by a moderator:
All I need now is a freezer big enough to store all my favourite cloths, so I can put on anything at any time. In fact, screw that, I'm throwing away my cupboard/garderobe and getting a freezer instead. When I want to look fly I'd just have to iron my cloths... Man, just think about how much water you and electricity one could save, if one uses the washingmachine and the dryer every, like, 3 months or something.
Damn, this would mean more money by the end of the month ! Fucking genius.

You, deny the skills of him wearing a motherboard without washing??

Run a high voltage electric jolt through, and the materials of the motherboard will be worn...

Holy crap, 13 days in an AVERAGE?! That's Just nasty!
Btw: Hmm by the end of the "experiment" could the jeans stand by themselves when he took them off?

But how would you tell how long i didnt wash the jeans? you cant really see how old the stain is or when i have got it.

If your jeans were held horizontally from the ground and it stayed that way, I will then be convinced it is stiff, therefore I will believe in it.

I like how people are like EWWWWW on this, and on the source site. The data is showing that there isn't a significant increase in bacteria. PEOPLE LOOK AT THE FACTS! XD

My rule has always been to wash jeans no less than three wears. I usually go 1-2 weeks with each pair. I only own 2 pairs of jeans at a time. I approve this study.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.