Summoning Spell w/ Targeting Image?

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
Besides Infernal and Force of Nature, can anyone name a summoning spell that comes with the Targeting Circle Image?

The reason I don't want to use Infernal is because it has unwanted side effects (can't get rid of the stun, among other things) and Force of Nature is dependent on trees.

My back up plan is to trigger it with Channel, but I'm hoping to simplify it with a pre-made summoning spell if possible.

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
There is Rain of Chaos, but that again stuns.

You can just set the seconds stunned to 0 you know...

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
I tested it with Infernal. Setting the stun duration to 0 actually means infinite duration. I believe most or all durations in the Object Editor work this way.

And I heard that even if I set the stun duration to 0.01, it will still have the unwanted stun effect (i.e. it will still interrupt channelling spells).

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Does it have to be the big area of effect circle(like inferno), or can it just be you click your mouse and the unit is summoned at the point?
If it's the second one, change either Serpent Ward, Sentry Ward, or Healing Ward.
If it's the first one, go to your backup plan.

And I heard that even if I set the stun duration to 0.01, it will still have the unwanted stun effect (i.e. it will still interrupt channelling spells).
Yup, thats unfortunately true.

G

Game Theory

Well, there's always Death and Decay, Earthquake, and not to mention Statis Trap.

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
Does it have to be the big area of effect circle(like inferno), or can it just be you click your mouse and the unit is summoned at the point?
I was looking for the large targeting circle that tells you the area of the spell before you actually cast it.

Statis Trap
That's it! Stasis Trap worked perfectly. (Actually, it also comes with its own built-in stun duration, but I was able to get around that by setting the Activation Delay to be longer than the actual duration of the summoned unit, so the stun never actually occurs.)

Thanks to all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.