Teleport with out rect

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Then you tell me what does he want? Thread says, teleport without regions. There we go, trigger for teleport without region.

I don't want to use rects because if they don't click on the circle they will still just teleport.

he wants you to have to click on the TP'er before it actually moves the units.

Quoted for truth? :p

sentrywiz

Reaction score
Where in the hell did thread say "ME WANT CLICKY TELEPORTY YA YA!" Nowhere! Moar details please next time. And less Jedi bitching for things not even written.

@Moridin - oh yea, quotes are very truthful :p

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Where in the hell did thread say "ME WANT CLICKY TELEPORTY YA YA!" Nowhere! Moar details please next time. And less Jedi bitching for things not even written.

lol that was just a suggestion.

---

I don't want to use rects because if they don't click on the circle they will still just teleport.

oh he did say he wantd it that way :/

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
sentrywiz, if you're not going to read the thread, don't post.

Well lmfaocj, the problem with your request is that the "smart" order (right-click) is quite complicated to deal with, seeing as the target can be an object or a point.

Thing is, you should use rects to do this. But don't teleport the unit right away, there are few things to check before the units gets the authorization. First of all, the current order of the unit. If it isn't equal to "smart", then by no means it should be teleported. Second, we should check if the current target of that "smart" order is indeed the altar of power, and that's where things get complicated.

You must register each target the unit is issued an order toward, every time, because the altar of power is a pre-placed object. That's quite time-expensive. Event responses have a hard time dealing with 2 different events, especially when they occur in different time spans, so that's where JASS comes in. With structs, you can store which target the unit is currently targeting, and check if it fits the rect it is currently entering. BUT, the rect is also pre-placed. That means you have to link every rect and its corresponding altar of power manually. I see much work there. You would have to code these things for every single teleporter you have on your map, or somehow work with an array. Plus, that would require considerable JASS knowledge. Simpler to tell than do too.

Is it really worth your time? People on Battle net know that entering an altar of power generally means being teleported, or something happening.

Of course, you can use your own way, but as you said yourself, people can teleport back. :) Better than nothing though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.