Tileset Mixup

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Occasionally, when im creating the terrain for my map, ill, for instance, build a 1' high wall with cityscape - dirt wall as the wall type. When I come back to it, I usually forget to switch to the cityscape wall type - dirt and use the tiled wall texture type instead. Then ... strange things happen. :p The tiles get all mixed up, and one time the entire bank of my river was converted to tiled when I lowerd one square on it with the tiled texture selected, which looked really wierd :p. I know that edit - undo fixes everything, but im just curious as to why this happens. Is it a bug, normal, or simply a confused proccessor? :p

Unfortunately because it is a "Cliff" Tile, world editor doesnt "END" each piece of cliff. Ironically it behaives more like water than water does... It extends beyond its graphical layout, which is why it will change for your entire river bank.

I've heard of people that say they can manipulate this, however i've yet to see a map that has it so you can "butt" 2 different cliff types next to each other without an adverse effect.

Maybe one day Blizzard will update that, however don't hold your breath.

If you go beyond an "undo" best thing to do is to remove 2 spots of cliff and re-add them with the right tile.

Cliff tiles don't behave properly, and you can't, for instance have a brick wall right next to a dirt cliff, they'll jsut split. Just hit ctrl + Z to fix it.

Thanks guys lol, yes I did hit control z rather rapidly when my ENTIRE RIVER suddenly became a cannal in construction --- :p

Oh and conan, new hero idea at your site :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.