Trigger fired twice - Metamorphosis ability

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
So... I have this minor issue with my additional feature trigger. It's abit complicated but I'll try to explain it the best I can.

I got an ability based off Metamorphosis, that turns you into a unit.
This unit should not be able to cast abilities etc etc. If you just morph using the metamorphosis spell, the unit you morph into will have the same abilities.

Therefore, I've created a trigger that removes all abilities (except the morph itself, since that would crash the game) and adds them again after the morphing is done.

Issue is, when the "Metamorphosis" spell runs out, it does so by firing itself again (using itself)
So my trigger:
Trigger:
  • Metamorphosis
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Metamorphosis
    • Actions

is fired twice.. making my trigger useless (none working).

Anyway to only make it register the first time the ability is used, and still keep it MUI?

Thx, +rep for help resulting in a solution.
-Lindenkron

Compare the unittype of the trigger unit.

*Edit*
Trigger:
  • Test B
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
        • Then - Actions
          • *First execution, main unit.*
        • Else - Actions
          • *Second execution, morphed unit.*

Why not just have a dummy unit spawn when the spell is cast that casts silence with a duration equal to the duration of metamorphosis and an area of effect of 10 on the exact location of the unit?

Why not just have a dummy unit spawn when the spell is cast that casts silence with a duration equal to the duration of metamorphosis and an area of effect of 10 on the exact location of the unit?
To turn the unit back into its original form it needs to cast the ability again. That's how it works :/

Compare the unittype of the trigger unit.

*Edit*
Trigger:
  • Test B
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
        • Then - Actions
          • *First execution, main unit.*
        • Else - Actions
          • *Second execution, morphed unit.*
I'm afraid I don't see how that helps my situation?

I reject your reality and substitute my own. ~Adam Savage.
You sir. Have good taste!

Does Adam need a cookie? ~Jamie Hyneman

The unit has two different unit types, the original unittype and the alternative unittype. When it morphs into it's alternative form it'll have it's original unittype. When it morphs back into it's original form, it'll have it's alternative unittype. Comparing between the two unittypes enables you to determine whether the abilities should be removed or added.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.