Trigger Running Itself An Infinite Amount Of Times (For No Reason?)

zaqer50

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have a trigger to create an invisible Dummy unit on the ground and then have another unit, created high in the air, to cast chainlightning on it, thus creating the effect of lightning striking from the sky. For some reason though, the trigger is running itself an infinite amount of times (until it uses all your ram and crashes wc3)

I was hoping someone could look at the code and hopefully explain what I've done wrong.

Code:
Ion Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set ION_Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set ION_Target_Loc = (Target point of ability being cast)
        -------- LIGHTNING TARGET --------
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy2 for (Owner of ION_Caster) at ION_Target_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
        Set ION_Target = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Pause ION_Target
        -------- LIGHTNING SOURCE --------
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for (Owner of ION_Caster) at ION_Target_Loc facing Default building facing degrees
        Set ION_Source = (Last created unit)
        Unit - Add Crow Form to ION_Source
        Animation - Change ION_Source flying height to 1000.00 at 1000000000.00
        Unit - Add LightningFX  to ION_Source
        Unit - Order ION_Source to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning ION_Target
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to ION_Source
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to ION_Target

Any help is much appreciated.

The event is casting an ability and one of the actions is casting an ability = infinite loop

Aww, hell. I forgot I took off the conditions while I was testing it... Anyways, thanks a bunch. And I just realized I put this in the the wrong forum, whoops.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.