Trigger stuff

A

AMPowers

Ok, im trying to make a game where, if you die, a crystal gets placed where u died. And then, when someone comes and touches it you get resurrected... how do ya do this?

A Move Location trigger.

Will require several triggers to use.
1st, you need to make a location on the map somewhere for each of the players that will "get the crystal if they die".

Then make this trigger.

CONDITION
- Always
ACTION
- Move location 'Player 1' to 'Zergling'
- Preserve Trigger

That will always move the location you will use to create the crystal at the place of the zergling, which will be the unit that will die.

CONDITION
- Player 1 commands exactly 0 'Zergling'
ACTION
- Set switch 'Player 1 dead'
- Preserve Trigger

This is not necessary, but I would do this just in case.

CONDITION
- Switch 'Player 1 dead' has been set
- Player 1 commands exactly 0 'Zergling'
ACTION
- Create 1 'Crystal' at 'Player 1'
- Preserve Trigger

That will create the crystal at the zergling's death.

CONDITION
- 'Runners' bring at least 1 men to 'Player 1'
ACTION
- Remove 1 'Crystal' at 'Player 1'
- Create 1 'Zergling' at 'Player 1'
- Clear switch 'Player 1 dead'
- Preserve Trigger

Sry, Ive been really busy, and havent had time to check this. U know when u said that it wasn't necessary.. Why? Would It matter?

Hmm... sorry, but it actually is... I dunno why I said it wasn't needed.

lol ok. Now, do you guys know of units that have the same speed? Kinda like, Marines and bats or somethin.. but they can upgrade speed?

Marines and bats can upgrade speed using stim packs...
Other than terran infantry, I don't think there are any units with same speed. Other units that can upgrade speed are scouts, observers, zerglings, hydras, ultras, and zealots. I don't think any of these have similar speeds, but without any way to measure, it's impossible to really tell.

I want to make a game that has like two men at a time. You pick a guy and then u race. Then I want to make the civ go to the next station. Then they race..Pick a guy. U get the picture. How do i do this?

to pick a guy:

PLAYERS: The Contestants
CONDITIONS: current player brings at least 1 civ to 'pick vulture'.
ACTIONS: remove 1 civ for current player at 'pick vulture', give 1 vulture to current player at 'pick vulture', preserve trigger

to turn racer into civ at next station:

PLAYERS: The Contestants
CONDITIONS: current player brings at least 1 men to 'finish line 1'
ACTIONS: remove 1 men for current player at 'finish line 1', give 1 civ to current player at 'racer select 2', preserve trigger

Does this cover it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.