Unplayable Map, No Slots appear, Game cannot start.

AriesX_420

Reaction score
Hello, and I have experience with the editor and am using this as a last attempt and have searched for an answer but found nothing.

The map currently will not show the slots when I attempt to play the game on single player and will not even work online.

Note: My previous version works perfectly, and does not have this problem. I have had hundreds of version before that. The name of the game has not changed length at all, and i even tried to shorten it to a minimum of one character to test it.

My Question is what are some of the causes of this problem?
Ei: Bad imports? Bad triggers, Objects... Ive been tring to isolate the problem and what I did to cause it but no luck.

Would there be any big changes from the previous working versions to your current version? I've experienced having no player slots show up, but only from when I import a war3map.j that has syntax errors. But since you're working with the editor, I suppose you wouldn't have that problem.

Yes there are some big changes, I have isolated the Problem to the trigger section. I have exported the Triggers, and Objects and imported them into separate blank maps, and the Map with the triggers is the one that does not register when I try to play it.

A am trying to delete triggers in hopes that in doing so will isolate the problem to a single trigger or possibly variable.

Generally that means there is a syntax error that was not fixed after there was an update, or that you mis-typed some Custom Script or Jass function

IE:
Trigger:
  • Examples
    • Custom Script: call Removelocation(udg_TempLocation) //error here
    • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLocation) //no error here

the only difference is the l and L, where the actual function has capitals, and the custom scripts are case sensitive.

no it does not give a syntax error, JNGP would, but the normal editor does not check the syntax of custom script and custom text triggers

It's wc3's way of checking the syntax of the map without allowing old maps to work, just check the syntax at run-time

My normal editor refuses to compile when I use call Removelocation.

maybe i had that wrong, that the normal editor would give a syntax error, but the JNGP wouldnt, because it doesnt check the normal scripts

What do you mean normal scripts? I thought JassHelper checks all script to see if they're correct. If you save and allow it to run, it'll probably spit out a syntax error as Removelocation isn't a function.

i mean gui triggers made in JNGP, idk if JNGP checks the gui triggers, it may not, and when you save it with a syntax error of some sort it wont open like that

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.