[Video] [AWESOME] Man Successfully Flies With Custom-Built Bird Wings

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Like i said in my first post.
I heard of somebody trying this already, but they came to the conclusion that the wings you need to keep a human being of average weight in the air would be so enourmous that you could hardly use them.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Like i said in my first post.
I heard of somebody trying this already, but they came to the conclusion that the wings you need to keep a human being of average weight in the air would be so enourmous that you could hardly use them.

So a semi-motorized wing-set (regardless the size), made of a strong enough material, could TECHNICALLY make you fly? May I have source for earlier research? I'll try this at home, as promoted to.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I mean there is no requirement, for me at least, for me to have to flap to make it go.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
So a semi-motorized wing-set (regardless the size), made of a strong enough material, could TECHNICALLY make you fly? May I have source for earlier research? I'll try this at home, as promoted to.

Well, technically.
Look up at the sky, the birds do it so why shouldnt it work for you? Problem is only the proportions.
I am not a physicist, i can only guess but i guess you would need quite big wings and to use them you would need a powerful motor, and a powerful motor needs a power source big enough to keep you in the air without dropping you down, and both the motor and the accumulator would weight alot too so you will need even bigger wings.
I think its just not effective compared to a plane.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Imagine there are actually wings for flying, instead of biking to the store I can just fly there lmao!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
You would just need to displace the right amount of air, preferably at an angle in order to move forward. The size of the wings depends on how much you weigh, so let's say at 200 kilograms you would need to displace 200 kilograms of air, which is somewhere in the vicinity of 1.2kg per cubic meter at sea level. So, in effect, to lift that 200 kilograms you would need to displace like 170 cubic meters of air. If you have wings that move down one meter on average, that means they would need to have 170 square meters of surface space. So, ultimately you would have some really, really big fucking wings (for 200 kilograms; which is like 450 pounds).

Of course the math would be far more complicated as the wings don't move straight up and down, the mass of air changes significantly from location and temperature, and you're only generating lift half the time so you need to make it enough to remain airborne, and a bunch of other things need to be taken into account.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.