What Makes WoW Different From Other MMORPGs

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Just wondering, I never played WoW before. Except for my friends who plays a private server. You must pay to play right?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
15 Dollars a month with prepaid cards. 12 if you purchase online.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
a private server allows you to make up your own rules/chars, but only people you invite can join. (Im guessing on this, I dont play wow)

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
there is a huge popularity thing happening then now have over 7 million people playing.
full stop wow is over ratted

l-hate_you

Reaction score
wow is good but not as dynamic as other RPGs like Oblivion. I just love sneaking into a house and stealing stuff in the theives guild and doing stuff in the dark brother hood

:)

and an MMORPG just can't do that.. yet?
it just like oo kill this and kill that with no unit collision, auto-attacking, and repetitive, long trade skills (blacksmithing etc.)

Oh yeah btw private servers are really really easy to log into, they are free, and.. yeah. But don't buy into it, theres like 100 people on at a time and the ones without tons of lag and bugs have... tons of lag

FhelZone

Reaction score
Wait 15 dollars a month! Our online games here only costs us about 8 dollars a month. Does WoW include the doodads in the game? Like for example you could use the trees as weapon.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
You can also borrow WoW from a friend of yours, then use the trial key, if you don't want to download the game.

--------------
1337 posts!

FhelZone

Reaction score
Sorry, there are no WoW Cd's in here. Well, I dont have time downloading that big file size.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
wow is good but not as dynamic as other RPGs like Oblivion. I just love sneaking into a house and stealing stuff in the theives guild and doing stuff in the dark brother hood

:)

and an MMORPG just can't do that.. yet?
it just like oo kill this and kill that with no unit collision, auto-attacking, and repetitive, long trade skills (blacksmithing etc.)

I think you'll be pleased to hear that Bethesda seem to have began work on an MMORPG.

there is a huge popularity thing happening then now have over 7 million people playing.
full stop wow is over ratted

I think it hit 10 million a few weeks ago actually.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Not all private servers are laggy
Not all private servers are illegal
Not all private servers are gay

Just thought i would clear that up..

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you have a mac it takes a lot less time to dl.

Of course.

Y

yabyab

To answer the question:

1. WoW has two opposite factions with unique races to choose from (CoH has that but had unique classes instead of races, and DAoK has a 3 faction RvR thing).

2. WoW has battleground. Instances that are dedicated to organized PvP. CoH has instanced this to a degree and I can't remember if any other game has this organized instanced PvP.

3. WoW is designed to have dungeon being exclusive to instances while world content being public-MMORPG.

4. WoW is seamless(semi-seamless actually) which means you won't get a loading screen when entering a zone. There are many seamless games out there like Lineage2, and Vanguard.

5. WoW is probably the most user-friendly MMORPG game. It's also the most stable of all MMORPG's.

6. The only NA based MMORPG with more than 1 million sub(10 million subs now).

I think that's some of it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.