What would you like to see...

The Arcot

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently working on a Castle-builder style map, and it's almost done, but I feel it's lacking a little pizazz (don't get me wrong, it's still cool).

Right now I need a name more than anything.

So I'm asking you, what sort of things would you like to see in this sort of map? +rep for good ideas.

Open the spoiler to learn a little more about what I've got so far.

In the Current Version
-7 Different Races, each with their own advantages and disadvantages.
RACES:
-Human
-Orc
-Undead
-Demon
-Animal
-Night Elves
-High Elves

-Customized combat types which are weak/effective against other types, which adds some strategy to the game, so you don't just mass uber units.
-Lots of cool places to build
--(Some of these places give certain things to certain races)
-Capturable Choke points
-Siege units and war camps
-Tacticians/Generals; expensive units that bonuses in certain situations

In a Later Version I Hope to Include (among other things.
-at least two or three new races (naga and dwarf, as well as another semi-secret race)
-Shipyards
-Additional Neutral Buildings, offering more advanced technology
-Some new, good custom models (there are only a few so far)
-New units for every race
-A better loading screen

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
try a tower that has bloodlust and it blood lusts other towers
-type special tower

try having a stratagy tower combo

like have a fast attacking tower with a slow projectile
and it needs a slowing tower to help it or the tower cant get any kills

Reaction score
Try to pack in as many explosions, particle effects and terrain deformations as possible. When things die, give them a chance to explode, when you're main base is taking massive damage, shake the camera. When buildings die, add multiple explosions and ripple deformations. Got a flamethrower tower? Give it the phoenix projectile. Give your custom units/buildings effect attachments to make them even cooler.

Make your map the biggest, loudest, craziest smashfest and people won't forget it!

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Some kind of Portal/Waygate building?
I don't know exactly what's a Castle-Builder game is, but I think it's some kind of build-and-defend game, so a Portal to defend quickly or ambushing enemies could be fun :)

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
Why don't you add some small quests?

and

Make a leaderboard and who ever gets the most kills in 3 minutes, wins a prize!

and

make little racing car games...?

must i add any more? cya!

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
i said this earlier, but make some terrain that completely draws you into the game, make it seem alive and full of life, not dull and plain
for example, making a doodad out of the Faerie Fire thing would get you butterfies, an excellant forest doodad
get it?

also, as i have read earlier, pack in as many effects as possible, got a unit dying? give it a blood effect. got a building blowing up? make it damage units nearby. got archers? make them able to miss and hit someone else, make natural disasters, anything to make this map stand out

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
O_O
That'll make the map a little complicated IMO.

But I support the idea of making the terrain alive :)

T

themtxaw

i love castle builder games, how about secret "underground" tunnels leading to other peoples bases, or cave tunnels leading to caves near other bases??
they can be used to catch people off guard, and to start ambushes! And be able to build terrain and ramps or something, so you can elevate your base! and umm umm... really cool explosions as said before!

T

themtxaw

okay how about a name thats short and edgey, how about, Hell... or Castle builder version hell or something like that

T

themtxaw

hmm... not entirely sure what the hell that means but... it sound good... i like it... but in some way you gatta expresss how cool it is, and say its got a lot of explosions or something lol... like Hella cool citadel complier lol... or Citadel Complier, the Dawn of a New Age... or Citadel Complier Annihalition ( or elimination or devistation or anything with a tion, or even something simple like total war or something)

and really in a future update do the caves and elevation thing i mentioned earlier ;) i'll totally play this game when it's finished, when i'm done with my homework...

The Arcot

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been thinking about the caves idea. Theres already one place that you can build your base that is a bunch of Stone Walls that are connected by way-gates. I think I may add a tunnel that leads from the SW corner to the NE corner, because they're both mountainous areas.

The Arcot

Reaction score
Alpha Test version is almost done. I'm just working out a few minor details such as the cinematic and modeling issues. I may need help testing it for bugs and balancing issues. It should be done by Christmas at the latest, unless something major comes up.

Speaking of models, if anyone could find me a good model for a catapult (don't say demolisher), and another model for a VERTICAL gate with an open animation, then +rep and credit for you :D

Even the Catapult model from ROC would work for the first one. I don't know how to access old models from TFT cause I'm noobish like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.