Which Race Do You Like Most

Which Race Do You Like The Most ?

• Total voters

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well, my friend. I am on the other side. Orcs are too strong. There are a coupple of abuses with them that make them too strong (imba or unbalanced if you will) I am an undead player and nightelf is my second race, but from my experience (and waching wc3 melee replays) I can say that orc own.

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Well, my friend. I am on the other side. Orcs are too strong. There are a coupple of abuses with them that make them too strong (imba or unbalanced if you will) I am an undead player and nightelf is my second race, but from my experience (and waching wc3 melee replays) I can say that orc own.

a good druid of the talon army (paired with some chims or hippogriff riders to take out destroyers if the orc has them) can wipe away almost any orc stratagy. Although, orcs do have the most beneficial casters when it comes to bigger team games.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Human. They are all about versatility and fast-counters. We don't necessarily have the best of any type of unit, but we can muster up counter units fast.

Also because I make blademasters cry with MK + Bloodmage for infinite storm bolts.

WarToast

Reaction score
Voted orc.

Love their building design and their units. Like NE and UD it just seems so nicely thought out.

Not too fond of human. Their units and buildings are not very interesting compared with the other three brilliant races

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Well time for me to comment. Note I look from solo perspective:

a good druid of the talon army (paired with some chims or hippogriff riders to take out destroyers if the orc has them) can wipe away almost any orc stratagy. Although, orcs do have the most beneficial casters when it comes to bigger team games.

Not any Orc strategy. Grubby found ways to counter it consistently with Raiders, Bm, TC, and adept spirit walkers. It's very effective, though it requires pretty intense micro. The match is pretty even in w/l once grubby found the counter. Orc's goal is to force an encounter with net and take down heroes, while NE's goal is to CC the heroes to take down the raiders. Teams really focus on the BM and the DH.

Orc's are pretty strong, but mostly because the BM is such an effective unit. Really vs. Orc the game is all about BM focus. Undead do this best with nova/coil dual nuke. Sometimes you can throw in DR or DL for silence/Sleep disable. Also look out for SH or TC, depending on your build, Mass fiends or Ghouls/gargs.

Night Elf all the way. They are the most powerful race in the game, if played correctly.

Not really. NE are strong because of all the various tactics they can use. good scouting and correct counter build can shut Nelf down easliy, as long as you remember what units to attack or avoid.

Humans all the way. they are quite good for solo.
Vs. the undead the paladin kicks ass
Vs. orc blademaster their arcane tower kicks ass (burn his mana so he cant WW anymore and then trap + kill or make him waste TP)
Vs. Nightelf, footman defend rapes
im sure yall can find good counters against human but im just stating WHY i like humans, other then the fact that knights rape so bad (fast speed,fast atk speed, strong damage, high hp), and they have cool heroes too (ive never lost a solo game once my MK got his avatar ulti)

Actually many human players (sky, etc.) prefer getting a fast expo and turteling to griffs and hawks. How do you play solo games long enough to get a hero to level 6? AM is better early game for reeping/expo. Usually you only see MK first if it's HU v Orc. Most *good* orc players go for creep jacking HU than base harass because of towers, though they'll still scout builds when they have spare time and leveling up their SH.

Human. They are all about versatility and fast-counters. We don't necessarily have the best of any type of unit, but we can muster up counter units fast.

Also because I make blademasters cry with MK + Bloodmage for infinite storm bolts.

Depends. BM dps is from crit strike, not WW. all they need is raiders/SH to CC either one of your heroes since BM and MK has no healing, as well as slow early creeping.

What fast counters or versatility do humans have? I mostly see either a) early expand to t3 with air or b) early expand with t2 tech mass casters. Sometimes morts thrown in.

Human is more about mass casters. Usually breakers with priests/sorcs coupled with mana aura. This is why AM is such a better starting hero than MK, as you'll need to switch strats. Another common (which I've stated) is turtle t3 air. Almost impossible for orc to counter with max armor upgrades.

Undead is my favorite right now. From their crazy starts (anyone seen TeD t2 tower rush orc?) from their versatility. They do not rely on heroes as much as focus fire from orb + fiends. They can have problems fighting but they have useful counters and their siege is actually effective vs NE. They have great rush strats and some interesting unit ideas: more about unit durability and normal attack focus than super heroes or CC. Unholy Aura + coil + stats.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.