Win/Mac/Linux on one machine? :D

warcraft7

Reaction score
i plan to eventually build a custom PC so just wondering, gamer here so ill end up with windows as my main but would it be possible to install the 3 major OSes if i were to get 3 hard drives? sorry PC noob here.

So id guess keeping the windows hard drive as the master and the other 2 as slaves? case has like 12 slots for misc things so i got plenty of room.

I don't know if it's possible to install Mac OS on a typical PC machine. But I know next to nothing about Mac, so I can't be sure.
In principle, there is nothing to stop you from doing what you describe, but you might have to be careful about bootloader wars that may ensue as a result.

you don't even need 3 hard drives, you can partition 1 hard drive to have 4 partitions and install each one on a seperate partition - the 4th partition is for a bootloader that lets you choose which of the 3 OS's you would like to boot into, and I would recommend installing them in this order: Mac OS, followed by windows, followed by linux and then using the linux bootloader.

also, the master/slave thing is a thing of the past where IDE drives were used (those with the very wide cable), and only because the cable was so large and wide, 2 drives shared the same cable - newer drives just use sata cables and each drive has their own cable.

edit: and for the mac OS, you need to check what parts you buy if they are mac-compatible or not (aka if apple has drivers for them or not), this is a good site for that

I should also mention that it would be illegal to sell a custom built computer with Mac OS installed on it

Whys that? =/ and ya...ive only put old PCs together lol

ask Apple - it's in their EULA on mac OS, and they will sue you if you try (or if you do it enough to where they care) - maybe because then people would realize how overpriced the mac hardware is and force apple to reduce their profit margins?

well duh everyone knows that...although thed make plenty of money off just selling their OS to people...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is weird seeing a way more realistic users online number
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday Night!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.