Windwalk ends after... and another question.

Ritmas

Reaction score
So basicly what I want to do is - Hero has windwalk skill [which is for indefinit time], but if that hero moves for example 500units he will loose his ww.
All I can do is just when hero moves distance away from point where he casted it he will lose it, but it's not what I want.

If I understood it right this is what you could do; remove the windwalk buff, not the ability.

If I understood it right this is what you could do; remove the windwalk buff, not the ability.

not that, sorry for bad english.
What I want is - HERO uses ability WINDWALK if HERO runs 1000units/dinstance w/e he will lose his ww, but not when HERO is 1000distance away from point where he casted it.

To find the distance he runs, you can use a periodic event to compare the Blademaster's current position to its previous position.

Something like (this is freehand):
Trigger:
  • DistanceSummation
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.25 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set NewPoint = Position of Blademaster
      • Set Distance = Distance + (Distance from OldPoint to NewPoint)
      • If - Multiple Actions
        • Conditions
          • Distance Greater than 1000.00
        • Then
          • Unit - Remove Windwalk buff from Blademaster
          • Set Distance = 0.00
          • Turn off (This trigger)
        • Else
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_OldPoint)
      • Set OldPoint = NewPoint

Do you need it to be MUI or not? If yes, I'd suggest a hashtable; if no, a simple variable is enough.

not that, sorry for bad english.
What I want is - HERO uses ability WINDWALK if HERO runs 1000units/dinstance w/e he will lose his ww, but not when HERO is 1000distance away from point where he casted it.

Could you clarify? if the caster is 1000 units away from the point of casting, then he probably ran those 1000 units, right :confused:? Unless he can teleport?

Edit
Oh, never mind; I just took a closer look at Weep's trigger, and I realized what you're trying to do.

Thanks Weep, I almost got it end my brainstorm ended so I couldn't finish it, thanks again.

And another question: Can I make that WW not possible to detect with true sight?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.