Wow, Blizzard has ruined WoW more than I thought..

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
They should have minigames, like a TD minigame!

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
i think it'd be pretty sweet if they had certain servers that reset once ever 6 months to a year or so, and like, made it so Horde (or smelly alliance) can take opposing towns as there own, like a 40 raid on goldshire, and then they own goldshire till alliance takes it back or the server resets, be kind a neat, mainly PvP of course, lol

Yeah, they should fix the PvP servers so they are Player versus Player servers for real. I mean, wtf, World PvP is as dead is it can be. One cool thing is that sometimes they removed the guards in most cities, making it a giant slaughter.

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
see.. i think.. the only reason that u guys think pvp is ruined is because the there is overly phat l00t.. overly elite players.. and the level cap.. is gunna go even higher.. how about having level 20's just fight in goldshire and the occasional reinforcements from stormwind coming.. yes burning the inn too.

Cornface

Reaction score
I don't find PvP ruined, I just found that they did it wrong. Pre-tbc they made High warlord gear available for honor, that fixed the huge divide between PvE and PvP. Now they did the same with gladiator gear, and the PvP got the lead from the PvE, which previously PvE owned if you wanted to outgear, and get good gear as fast as possible.

Now, what I found broken with World PvP is that there is no reward for it.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Maybe thats because there are many ways to glitch and abuse that.. with people constantly graveyard trapping, and getting cheap spots.. you know.. many glitches.. and you cant get kicked off of the world.. meaning people can always just let themselves die.. or guilds can farm.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Maybe thats because there are many ways to glitch and abuse that.. with people constantly graveyard trapping, and getting cheap spots.. you know.. many glitches.. and you cant get kicked off of the world.. meaning people can always just let themselves die.. or guilds can farm.

there is no pleasing Xapphire >.<

lol

from what i understand there truly is a lot of history in WoW... hidden amongst the various books found scatter through out the world. (this rant was from earlier)

but World PvP in a sense doesn't grant all that much in rewards, in the time it takes to hunt down and slaughter an unexpecting victim, you could of gotten 10x the honor doing a BG, and that takes less time. the only true reward you get from World PvP is the gooey warm feeling on the inside knowing you just fucked someones game up for the day

Xapphire

Reaction score
I'm just really unhappy that they made something that has over 70 levels, millions of monsters, thousands of items.. hundreds of quests, and a billion miles to explore.. be capable to do and over achieve in less then 3 weeks.. and with the amazing history and time put behind its creation.. 3 weeks of play.. will lead a gamer to amazing gear.. amazing places.. making him miss about 80% of the world and about 90% of the history..

Cornface

Reaction score
Three weeks to get to level 70 and raid Black Temple/get full S3. Wow. It's one/100.000 players that manage that.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just really unhappy that they made something that has over 70 levels, millions of monsters, thousands of items.. hundreds of quests, and a billion miles to explore.. be capable to do and over achieve in less then 3 weeks.. and with the amazing history and time put behind its creation.. 3 weeks of play.. will lead a gamer to amazing gear.. amazing places.. making him miss about 80% of the world and about 90% of the history..

I don't agree.

This game can be loads of fun for a long time.

When you start feeling this way about a game, why not simply stop? ;) World of Warcraft is a game, not a world. How much total time have you played World of Warcraft? My friend has played 1 year, stopped, and that's about it. 1 year playing a game is already good, considering it is just a game afterall!

One game shouldn't be considered your next "engagement". There are games that one can play 3 weeks and be satisfied. After 1 year playing World of Warcraft, why would one not be satisfied?

Bartuc08

Reaction score

your argument seems more towards those who play it, rather then those who made it

Tholdalf

Reaction score
There are in fact lots of fluff and background story in WoW you just need to dig deeper down to find it as it doesn´t just POP up right in front of you in some cinematic.

turok255

Reaction score
There are in fact lots of fluff and background story in WoW you just need to dig deeper down to find it as it doesn´t just POP up right in front of you in some cinematic.

Oh so true, Also.. They are making the level cap 80 and new instances for those, hard core raiders that raid kara for bordom and have kicked illidans ass in bt, Its to keep them playing to suck more money out of them.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
>Its to keep them playing to suck more money out of them.

Maybe... but kinda true.
If WoW has really ruined Warcraft, they wouldn't be making millions of millions (maybe I didn't exagerate enough) of dollars per month. I doubt they will change just cause there's a thread or two on the internet about it :p

Take note that if WoW had kept its heroes dead (The ones that died in WC3: TFT and before) then they would have to introduce NEW characters/heroes in order to make it more playable and non-repetitive (repetitive as in storyline repetitive)

Xapphire

Reaction score
my argument is heading toward the fact that.. yes.. this game.. has managed this huge load of people.. in this huge land.. or world.. were.. it is a good game.. but ruining it.. which is the point of this topic. is what i am aiming for. They have slowly started to make it worse.. despite the fact that you can do everything others did before, they make it so people don't have to do those.. practically you can get to level 70.. without doing half the amazing world they made.. which will make them miss half the broken history and half the effort of the Blizzards company.

I have never said that it wasn't a good game.. I have probably played for more then a year.. but that is because i find it fun to do every quest there is.. explore every area.. try out different loot.. get different mounts.. manage different reputations.. were others aim for loot and level.. and pvp. Not saying that is a bad thing, for they have a different way of playing then i do... but its getting worse.. soon they probably wont have to do anything to get level 80 and become an almighty deathnight.. the era of the previous year hitting game is slowly falling.. and people are slowly leaving.. there wont be much more than the already 6,305,577 characters.. there are.. which are slowly quitting.

The reason I have come to complain is that, i do not wish for this amazing game to get ruined... id rather have the limit be 60... yet 50.. make it really hard to get there.. and make dozens more quests.. harder instances and loot.. were people would not have to be level 70 just to get one item.. and were one item that requires level 70 wouldn't equal over a million other level 69 ones.

-Xapphire

Bartuc08

Reaction score
xaphire, what happened when they made the epansion?

no one wne tto them places anymore, thats not blizzards fault, the players thought them places useless, and so they no longer use them, all the player useful things are now between 61-70 so it only makes sense to speed up the process of getting to 61-70, so that all players can be on equal grounds.

Xapphire

Reaction score
That is what I am trying to say. That blizzard has made it that.. once a new player... starts the game.. you will not see anyone even trying to run Ahn'Qiraj.. but remember that insanely awesome huge story instance..? remember wen it first came out.. it was like.. omg this is epic loot, and its fun.. it was like a great stopping point.. now people will skip that.. entirely.. and Silithus is brought back to the way it was before that came out.. empty and deserted.. that is wat is making me angry.. Silithus is Azeroth.. and Ahn'Qiraj are all these awesomly thought out places.. were at one point they were your dream to get into and explore.. at another.. they are just someplace to get screenshots for movies.

Now.. in order to get to equal grounds you skip Azeroth, and go to the other world.. you skip all this that took so long to make.. and which is equally as good as the rest. And wat they are doing now is making the point were you will be equal even higher.. were.. most people wont even run The black temple anymore.. the whole fact and fun about Illidan.. lost... gone..

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
It's empty becaue it had a purpose. To entertain people for a while, and keep them hooked on the game while they made another area. Now that it's done, they just leave it there so it looks pretty.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Bump: Sorry, I just want more people to understand my point.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have found that in the new Expansion you are introduced to fly cities.. (Dalaran)...

And Rhonin, are amazing hero will be leader.. Weeehoo!

punwisp

Reaction score
Shame there killing off every major hero(evil hero) there killing off lich king, kil jaedin ont he next patch... whats next for wc3? there going to keep dragging on, killing off every hero they can think of until WOW dies off... seriously it ruins the previous games, the point, theres not even any cinamatic movies showing them die or something.. its stupid... at least in D2 they showed videos

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.