Crime 17 year old boy killed by Neighborhood Watch Captain over Skittles and Ice Tea

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
ORLANDO, Florida (Reuters) - The family of a 17-year-old African-American boy shot to death last month in his gated Florida community by a white Neighborhood Watch captain wants to see the captain arrested, the family's lawyer said on Wednesday.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead after he took a break from watching NBA All-Star game television coverage to walk 10 minutes to a convenience store to buy snacks including Skittles candy requested by his 13-year-old brother, Chad, the family's lawyer Ben Crump said.

"He was a good kid," Crump said in an interview, adding that the family would issue a call for the Watch captain's arrest at a news conference on Thursday. "On his way home, a Neighborhood Watch loose cannon shot and killed him."

Trayvon, who lived in Miami with his mother, had been visiting his father and stepmother in a gated townhome community called The Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, 20 miles north of Orlando.

As Trayvon returned to the townhome, Sanford police received a 911 call reporting a suspicious person.

Although names are blacked out on the police report, Crump and media reports at the time of the shooting identified the caller as George Zimmerman who is listed in the community's newsletter as the Neighborhood Watch captain.

Without waiting for police to arrive, Crump said, Zimmerman confronted Trayvon, who was on the sidewalk near his home. By the time police got there, Trayvon was dead of a single gunshot to the chest.

"What do the police find in his pocket? Skittles," Crump said. "A can of Arizona ice tea in his jacket pocket and Skittles in his front pocket for his brother Chad."

Last edited:

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
This is sickening, especially so after listening to the 911 calls.

You can hear him crying for help in the background of one neighbor's 911 call, only to be silenced by a gunshot. In the phone call the neighborhood watch captain made to the police, they tell him they don't need him to pursue the kid, and he mutters something about, "Those assholes always get away."
Just fucked up, and straight up bullshit that he might get out of it on self-defense. I swear, between this and Casey Anthony, Florida really needs to revise some of its state laws. Ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
I would like to see a followup on this posted here if that happens. I want to see this guy prosecuted.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If you type the boys name into google, Trayvon Martin, you will see some websites that follow it, mostly civil rights sites.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
Makes my blood boil in the sort of "can't wait to see karma torture you to death and while you scream for help as we cut out your eyeballs and feed them to you" sort of way..

What? I thought that this was a normal feeling.. >:D

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Skittles: Serious kittle Shit. Why? because I can't think of an acronym for KITTLE.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.