2 Dota Spell Request Reality Rift and Dispersion in GUI

hiyazaki09

Reaction score
Reality Rift

Teleports you, any images you have and the target unit to a random point along the line between the two of you. Gives you bonus attack damage for one attack.

lvl 1 50 units Teleportation and 25 bonus attack damage
lvl 2 50 units Teleportation and 50 bonus attack damage
lvl 3 50 units Teleportation and 75 bonus attack damage
lvl 4 50 units Teleportation and 100 bonus attack damage

mana cost:50 all lvl
cooldown: /lvl1 24.sec/lvl2 18.sec/lvl3 12.sec/lvl4 6.sec

• Teleports Chaos Knight to a random point on the line between the units (between 30% and 80% of the distance).
• Teleports the target unit to the same location as Chaos Knight, offset by 25 units towards Chaos Knight's original position.
• Any illusions of Chaos Knight owned by the same player as Chaos Knight within 1400 AoE are also teleported to Chaos Knight's new position.
• Chaos Knight and the target unit are made to face each other, and Chaos Knight and all teleported illusions are issued an attack order against the target unit.
• Bonus damage lasts for 1.2 seconds.

Dispersion

Causes any damage taken by Mercurial to be reflected onto all enemies in a 1000 AoE.
Level 1 - 5% of damage.
Level 2 - 10% of damage.
Level 3 - 15% of damage.
Level 4 - 20% of damage.

• Damage type: pure
• Reflected damage is not felt by Spectre, effectively reducing the incoming damage.
• Illusions will not benefit from this ability.
• Area of Effect: 1000

thnx:thup:

Endless_Trev

Reaction score
Well just looking at reality rift it doesnt seem like it would be too hard..
start with
event - unit starts the effects of an ability
condition - ability being cast is reality rift

store a bunch of variables, such as the casting unit, the target unit, the point between them (divide distance between the 2 units by 2 and add the new distance to either point, in the angle between them*), all units owned by the owner of chaos knight within 1400 to a unit group, remove any non-illusions from the group
*make sure whenever you work from a point (say, the position of chaos knight) if you work out the angle, chaos knight is the starting position, his target is the second position, or the other way around works too

now that should be enough info to go from
instantly move the chaos knight and the target to the middle point facing each other (using the angle between them), each of them offset a little bit in the opposite angle to which they should be facing, so they will be next to each other facing each other. basically to look fancy
then move all units of the unit group stored to the point, this should be about it

now the damage is a little different, but still should be fairly easy. have a separate trigger set out to add the damage that is turned on by the first trigger, and then run a one-shot timer than expires in 1.2 seconds and have another separate trigger to turn off the 2nd trigger when that timer expires

damage trigger - unit is attacked
and all conditions are true: attacking unit is chaos knight, attacked unit is (whatever you stored target of ability being cast as)
damage target - cause chaos knight to damage target, dealing (25*real(level of reality rift for chaos knight)) of attack type hero and damage type normal"

i think that about covers it..

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
*tsk* *tsk*
That isn't the way to go about it.

Begging for help won't do =/
We DO have a thread where you can request spells in GUI, though..

*Searches*
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147317

Just remember that the people there have a job or school and are not always free to help.
But they are nice people and will help you if they have the time =)

tmow

Reaction score
yeah that one doesnt seem that bad but i have no idea about dispersion...i think you would have to make a damage counter, a group variable that would look something like (pick all units in region centered around unit being attacked matching conditions units are enemys and untis are alive equal to true.)
then make one seperatly for the hero a counter that will heal instead of remove the hp lost from the hero instantly so it looks like it didnt lose anything.

The variables would be to be reset by the next attack but it doesnt seem that hard. when i get home from school ill try to make it in gui. ONly problem is i suck with hashtables so i cant help you there and i dont use them.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
yeah that one doesnt seem that bad but i have no idea about dispersion...i think you would have to make a damage counter, a group variable that would look something like (pick all units in region centered around unit being attacked matching conditions units are enemys and untis are alive equal to true.)
then make one seperatly for the hero a counter that will heal instead of remove the hp lost from the hero instantly so it looks like it didnt lose anything.

The variables would be to be reset by the next attack but it doesnt seem that hard. when i get home from school ill try to make it in gui. ONly problem is i suck with hashtables so i cant help you there and i dont use them.

You won't even have to use hashtables. Simply use a damage detection snippet (Weep's GDD). Then reflect 20% of the damage taken in the radius and simply add 20% of the damage to health.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.