2 Quick Questions

WuHT

Reaction score
Easy one First
1. when i choose random 10 units in an area.. will it choose corspes (dead units as well ) ?? Do i need to do a matching unit = alive as part of the condition to compensate?

2.If i want an ability that will generate an images based on the caster, in ONE click (conjure image) whats the best of way of doing so ?

I have an ability baseed off channel, and when a unit starst the effect of an ability,
I create a dummy unit with slots, GIVE the dummy unit an illusion-staff..and order it to create an illusion.

Problem is, sometimes i see the illusion-staff item on the ground, but the image is created... <-- anyone know how to fix ?

Also, Does Action - image create help ?

Darox

Reaction score
For the First Question, Yes, and Yes
For Number 2, why dont you make a custom version of Item - Illusion, set is a item Ability to False, and give it to the dummy unit.

WuHT

Reaction score
I can't order the dummy unit to use an item based off an ability.

At least i dont know enoguh about order strings.
Normally the ones are ie Mountain King -STorm bolt..are based off units and heros. I can't order it to item-illusion staff

Darox

Reaction score
You need to use a line of JASS (Custom Script) in order to get the command you want. Try asking AceHart, Im sure he knows what the id for Item - Illusion is.

Duwenbasden

Ver 6 CREATE energy AS SELECT * FROM u.energy
Reaction score
WuHT said:
I can't order the dummy unit to use an item based off an ability.

At least i dont know enoguh about order strings.
Normally the ones are ie Mountain King -STorm bolt..are based off units and heros. I can't order it to item-illusion staff

Simple -- give the dummy unit the item and ask the dummy to use it.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Other than ordering the use of an item, you can use:

Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, GetTriggerUnit())

This should order the "last created unit" to "item illusion" the "triggering unit".

> Does Action - image create help ?

No, that's an actual image, some picture on the ground.

WuHT

Reaction score
Duwadesen : Yep tahts what i was doing. Problem was that sometimes the item ends up on the ground (and i dont know why, but now i dont need to know)

Ace Heart :
Always to the rescue!
Lol ok i'll just cut and paste :) Beleive me, it just looks like a random string to me! <-- This is assuming i give a dummy unit an ABILITY based off of illusion stick..not giving them the item correct ?

I'll hammer out JASS maybe later. Thanks again :)
---
Hmm that custom script isn't working ..but obviously i have no idea why!
Code:
U Replicate Copy
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to U Repl 
    Actions
        Set SpellUreplicate = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Air dummy for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at SpellUreplicate facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add U Illusions  to (Triggering unit)
        Custom script:   call IssueTargetOrderById(bj_lastCreatedUnit, 852274, GetTriggerUnit())
        Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

WuHT

Reaction score
.... how embarassing...
anyways thanks again Aceheart...

CASED CLOSED--------

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.