3 Problems

Max

Reaction score
I'm having 3 problems in my map

1. In Hero-Defense, everyone gains EXP at the same time (unless of course if they don't die)
Yet for some reason, one of my heroes is gaining way ahead even if it dies 5 times or more yet still it surpasses everyone
I never even change the values in Gameplay Constants
So my question is... Does models affects the EXP gain???
Coz the hero I am having trouble is the Evil Illidan model

2. I made a hero with a flying dragon model, set it as targeted as Ground, set it to Hover-movement and change the height so that it will look like flying yet it won't fly off the obstacle I made
Yet still it grinds with the floor...
What value should I specifically change in order to make it float in the air?

3. My spell trigger is having a problem in the
Code:
Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Variable-Thingy)
My variables are correct yet still whenever I save my map it always says error
Does anybody encountered a problem like this???

Thanks in advance :)

Max

Reaction score
1. Okay... Just really wondering why it level up so quickly and I thought maybe the model affected it

3. That's not the variable I used
Its just an example

Max

Reaction score
I'm using one of hell_knight99's spells so credit to him

The trigger goes like this:
The B01S4_Point is the one which is causing the error
Code:
Cold War
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Cold War [Hephaestus]
    Actions
        Set B01S4_Caster = (Casting unit)
        Set B01S4_Level = (Level of Cold War [Hephaestus] for B01S4_Caster)
        Set B01S4_Point = (Position of B01S4_Caster)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 1, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                For each (Integer B) from 1 to 18, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set B01S4_Offset = (B01S4_Point offset by 150.00 towards (20.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) degrees)
                        Unit - Create 1 Model Cold for (Owner of B01S4_Caster) at B01S4_Offset facing Default building facing degrees
                        Set B01S4_Zero = (Last created unit)
                        Animation - Change B01S4_Zero flying height to 600.00 at 300.00
                        Unit - Set level of Cold War [Hephaestus] for B01S4_Zero to B01S4_Level
                        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to B01S4_Zero
                        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_B01S4_Offset)
        Set B01S4_Group = (Units owned by (Owner of B01S4_Caster) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Model Cold) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
        Wait 0.10 seconds
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in B01S4_Group and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_B01S4_Group)
        Wait 0.50 seconds
            Loop - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set B01S4_Offset = (B01S4_Point offset by 300.00 towards (20.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) degrees)
                        Unit - Create 1 Model Cold for (Owner of B01S4_Caster) at B01S4_Offset facing Default building facing degrees
                        Unit - Order B01S4_Zero to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
        Set B01S4_Group = (Units owned by (Owner of B01S4_Caster) matching (((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Model Cold) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
        Wait 0.10 seconds
            Loop - Actions
        Wait 0.50 seconds
            Loop - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set B01S4_Offset = (B01S4_Point offset by 450.00 towards (20.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) degrees)
        Wait 0.10 seconds
            Loop - Actions
        Wait 0.50 seconds
            Loop - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set B01S4_Offset = (B01S4_Point offset by 600.00 towards (20.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) degrees)
        Wait 0.10 seconds
            Loop - Actions
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup (udg_B01S4_Offset)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_B01S4_Point)

J

Jay_Dubbs

Did you base all the Hero's off of the same initial one and just change the model file or did you use all different heros?

Max

Reaction score
What I did is I created a Hero then change its stats to my liking
After that I just copy the Hero again and change its value depending on which model I like to use
So I copied the Art-Elevation-Sample Radius, Art-Animation-Cast Point and any other stats of the original Evil Illidan into my own created Evil Illidan

J

Jay_Dubbs

I would then check the abilities you gave the one hero that is giving you problems and see if it gives a bonus for exp gain or an increase in one of the stats.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_B01S4_Offset)

You sure that's a group?

Also, I'd recommend choosing some better variable names... :p

Have a look at the "art - elevation" settings on some flier, and compare them to your Hero.

Max

Reaction score
> Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_B01S4_Offset)

You sure that's a group?

Also, I'd recommend choosing some better variable names... :p

Have a look at the "art - elevation" settings on some flier, and compare them to your Hero.
>>>Yea~ I just realized why did I write Offset instead of Group
So I change it and no errors appears and now it works properly

>>>My variable names goes from A01S5_Caster up to D12S5_ZLoc
I find it much easier to read

>>>I checked and seems that some of my heroes have 30.00 in Art - Elevation, some have 50.00 and Evil Illidan has 100.00

-Thanks for pointing out that one about the Offset AceHart :)

try renaming the variable in Variable Editor. i cant see any difference between when you set it and when you removed it... also, what error does it give you?
>>>It finally works the moment I change the Offset

-Thanks for the help Flare :)

I would then check the abilities you gave the one hero that is giving you problems and see if it gives a bonus for exp gain or an increase in one of the stats.
>>>That spell trigger doesn't go with the Evil Illidan hero
So I don't think thats the case with the fast EXP gain

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
sure that the xp proplem isnt a "game constant" proplem?

if not i'm not sure that theres an way to change it unless you create an xp rate trigger for the triggering hero... :p

Max

Reaction score
I've double-check it and HeroXpGained-Global Distribution and HeroXpGained-Max Level Heroes Drain XP are the only constants I changed...

The rest of the HeroXpGained-Values are in default setting

J

Jay_Dubbs

What are the abilities and/or upgrades that are used by the Evil Illidan that you gave in OE?

Max

Reaction score
I didn't give any upgrade to the Evil Illidan model
I gave him Life Drain, Cleaving Attack, Endurance Aura and Carrion Swarm and also Attribute Bonus

J

Jay_Dubbs

Well unless Attribute bonus affects exp. gain, I am stumped.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.