3 Spells

DerBaer

Reaction score
1. Spell:
When my hero is atteck, the attacking unit should also take damage. This didn't work:
E:
- A unit is attacked
C:
- attacked unit = myHero
A:
- Make attacked unit damage attacking unit for "damage taken" damage of type ...

But "damage taken" is always 0?!

2. Spell:
When casted the hero shoud turn away from the target and attacks only with his tail. But all units in an area should take damage.
I don't know how to trigger this.

3. Spell:
When casted, all units around my hero should get a buff, that jumps every second to all unnits around the old unit. So that the buff spread. I also don't know how to trigger this.
And I have never arranged to make a unit gets a buff although, there are a lot of threats.:banghead: Can someone make me a simple map with a hero casting a (own) buff on a unit? That would be realy great.

Alphabet

Reaction score
The reason causing the first spell not to work isn't the problem, it's the event. 'Damage taken' only works with the event 'Unit takes damage', at least as far as I know. When using that event you'd need to replace that 'Attacking unit' with 'Damage source' and that 'Attacked unit' with 'Triggering unit'.

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
2.use warstomp with stun duration 0 and make a trigger that turns your unit (facing of trigg unit) -180

3.make a trigger that pickes every unit within x of all units with a buff and create a dummy add the buff ability back again and order it to cast it

4.create a dummy unit (invisible) and add an ability like slow or sth like that (what gives a buff) to that dummy and order it to cast

DerBaer

Reaction score
thanks, but

1. is Ok, thanks a lot:thup:

2. the hero should attack more than one time, and he will turn again towards the unit, woudn't he?

3. how exactly do I order the unit?
I tried it:
Unit - Order myHero to xxx theTargetedUnit
xxx: I don't know to to put here. My own buff doesn appear here.

DerBaer

Reaction score
2 new Questions:

1. The Event "Takes damage" is only available at "specific unit event". But I need it at "Generic unit event", because my hero doesn't exists at the binning.

2. What event should I take when I want to improve the attack of a unit with an right-click-activate spell?

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. Make your trigger that should have the event, but don't put any event. Then, when your unit is created, add the Specific Unit Event to your trigger using the created unit.

2. Search the forums.

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
3. how exactly do I order the unit?
I tried it:
Unit - Order myHero to xxx theTargetedUnit
xxx: I don't know to to put here. My own buff doesn appear here.

you have to look on which spell your buff spell is based on
e.g. if you used slow of the sorceress then order your unit to Human - Sorceress Slow (order targeting an unit)

DerBaer

Reaction score
ok, thanks a lot.
Now I know why there never was my buff^^
But how can the WE know wheather I mean my own buff, or the default buff from blizzard?
And I can only make as many buffs as there are default buffs. Is that right(I know, there are really enough, but nevertheless i'm interested in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.