3DS Max 5 custom textures

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Ok well I figured that out... but how do I get the textures in 3DS Max to appear in 3DS Max? They are always all gray. Also, I need to know how to unwrap the textures
:confused:

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
In the material editor there is a blue and white colored box right under the spheres. On mouse over it says "show map in viewport". This need to be enabled for every texture you want shown in the viewport.

To apply the texture you can use the modifier "UVW map" for simple maps, or "Unwrap UVW" if you want more complex unwrapping.

I'd suggest reading some tutorials on unwrapping since it can be quite difficult in the beginning.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
To get into the Material Editor press M and click the gray box next to Diffuse Map (right?) and choose bitmap and find the texture you're looking for.

l-hate_you

Reaction score

Ok now Ive done all that and I'm animating... is there a way to hide bones? will they ever be visible in-game? because my model has bones and when i look at in it Mago's Modeler (after being exported out of 3DS) i can see the bones. Is this just because of Mago's or will the bones really be seen in-game?
Also- does anyone know what it means when it says a bone will not be animated because it uses Floating Keys? I read about it on wc3c and a guy said to change all 7 of the the controllers (3 rot, 3 pos, 3 scale) from Bezier Float to TCB Float and I did that but its still saying the message...

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I don't think it shows ingame. But try to make your bones... erm... less sticking out if possible.

l-hate_you

Reaction score
Ah. Will Do :D Ok so I just found out that you need to make the PARENT controllers TCB and not the ones under them... okay anyways now it just says im missing closing keys on my Stand Animation (the only animation.) How do I add closing Keys?

http://i29.tinypic.com/2dif4bd.jpg This is a snapshot of the keys and dope sheet of the Pandaren Brewmaster... they are all colorful, probably indicating the starts and ends of their animations. How do I make them like that?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
You can scale the bones down do whatever size you need to hide them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.