Crime 58 twelve packs of Stolen Miller Genuine Draft found crammed in hatchback

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Two budding Christchurch beer barons had their booze heist foiled by police who stopped their low-riding hatchback to find 58 dozen bottles of Miller Genuine Draft crammed inside.

Police say the car was "packed to the gunwales" with the allegedly stolen 696 bottles of beer last Friday night.

Acting Sergeant Gordie Myer said the Mazda 323 was stopped in Opawa Rd after being seen "literally driving on its springs", weighed down with beer.

Police found another 33 dozen bottles at a Bordesley St, Phillipstown, house soon after.

Last edited:

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
696 bottles of beer in the car, 696 bottles of beer.
Pop the cap, down the beer, 695 bottles of beer in the car!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
696 bottles of beer in the car, 696 bottles of beer.
Pop the cap, down the beer, 695 bottles of beer in the car!

Damn dude that would be awesome. My calculations come to, assuming each bottle was 12 ounces, 8352 ounces of beer in that car. That is 522 pounds which really isn't that much for a car to hold actually... I don't see how it would be down to 'driving on it's springs'. I've had that if not more in my little sedan without much of a problem.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
those are glass bottles - 600 of them, they probably weight as much as the beer itself

Varine

Reaction score
I'll go weigh one of mine. Regardless, I've had like five 150+ pound people in the backseat of my car, plus at least six hundred pounds of shit in the trunk, and didn't do much. I meant it took a toll, but it didn't drop considerably and even if it did since when is that a reason to pull someone over?

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
In Ireland at the height of the Troubles, one of the tell-tale signs of a car bomb was a sagging suspension. The IRA's car bombs were not always large enough to do that, but 500lb devices could probably be spotted by the suspension sagging.

Might I also ask what car you had? This was a small hatchback so probably wasn't built to handle such large loads :rolleyes:

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Sir, have you been drinking tonight?

*Burp* no offiser sir. I dunt drink

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hm...

It seems the man never got a chance to wet his whistle.

*Takes off sunglasses*

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Varine

Reaction score
In Ireland at the height of the Troubles, one of the tell-tale signs of a car bomb was a sagging suspension. The IRA's car bombs were not always large enough to do that, but 500lb devices could probably be spotted by the suspension sagging.

Might I also ask what car you had? This was a small hatchback so probably wasn't built to handle such large loads :rolleyes:

I have a Sonata. I've driven hatchbacks too, it just doesn't seem like very much weight to me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.