[6]Racing Sheepies

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Racing Sheepies
By: Joker(Div)

Description: This is a mini-map started from an idea given by T3h_Pwnage.

Summary Of Game: You start out with 1 to 4 sheep, depending on the setting the host has set. The Sheep will be linked with each other (if you have more than one). They will only be allowed to move 700 units from each other. Your team's goal is to reach the center before the other team without using up all your retries. The revive system is very similar to the "Run Kitty Run" series.

Map Info:
  • Map Size: 94 x 64
  • 6 Players
  • 2 Teams (3 Players)
  • 1 to 4 Sheep per Player
  • 2 Modes: Normal, and Tag Team
  • 3 Difficulty Settings: Normal, Hard, Pro
  • 7 Checkpoints
  • Many Different Obstacles

Modes:

-Normal: Everyone races at once.
-Tag Team: One Player races at once. Players may tag in and tag out whenever they wish.

Commands:

-ms = Finds the movespeed of your sheep
-name <Insert> = Changes your name to what you wish.

My Comments: I'm open for any new ideas and such. This whole map was based one someone's suggestion. There is an Unfinished version of Racing Sheepies at the bottom of this post. It is no protected. If any of you are wondering how I did something, you are free to look.

Things Need Finishing:
  • Sheep Linking
  • Victory Conditions
  • Checkpoints
  • Obstacles (I could use some ideas)
  • Spells (I could use some ideas)
  • Items (I could use some ideas)
  • Tag Team (I could use some more modes)

This map is solely for testing. Please do not host on B.net.

Attachments

• Racing Sheepies.w3x
    77.5 KB · Views: 156

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
How about a tacklemode?
Its just like normal mode, but how further your sheep is behind, the faster he runs.
When a sheep hits a other sheep from behind the other sheep is tackled and stunned for 0.50 sec.

Gives the losing players a chance to make a comeback and creates a bit competition :D

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
How about a tacklemode?
Its just like normal mode, but how further your sheep is behind, the faster he runs.
When a sheep hits a other sheep from behind the other sheep is tackled and stunned for 0.50 sec.

Gives the losing players a chance to make a comeback and creates a bit competition :D

This mode doesn't quite make sense. The two teams are separated..

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
It seems to make sense to me. If a sheep is behind, he speeds up by a certain amount; and when he collides with another sheep, the sheep with whom the initial sheep collided is temporarily stunned. That doesn't seem hard to understand; to me, at least. :p

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
well...why would you want to stun your own teammate?...It's a full out team effort, unless of course you play 1v1.

P.S: Sometime around next weekend, I will improve the quality of my original post (be more detailed and thorough, and have a completed beta out to be hosted!

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
well...why would you want to stun your own teammate?...It's a full out team effort, unless of course you play 1v1.

P.S: Sometime around next weekend, I will improve the quality of my original post (be more detailed and thorough, and have a completed beta out to be hosted!

Have you ever considered it a FFA mode, and not a team mode?

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Have you ever considered it a FFA mode, and not a team mode?

Well if you would take a look at the map, that mode would be very limited. I suppose I could do 2 ffa's going, but its not much of an FFA when theres 2 going at once. The sides are too small and would be too crowded if all 6 players were on it, because remember, each player can get up to 4 sheep.

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
Obstacles:

Falling rocks
chicken crossing
sheperds

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Well if you would take a look at the map, that mode would be very limited. I suppose I could do 2 ffa's going, but its not much of an FFA when theres 2 going at once. The sides are too small and would be too crowded if all 6 players were on it, because remember, each player can get up to 4 sheep.

Dont really see a problem...
Just create one big lane next to those smaller ones and youre done.
You have the small ones for team races, and the big ones for FFA or aggresive team races.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Dont really see a problem...
Just create one big lane next to those smaller ones and youre done.
You have the small ones for team races, and the big ones for FFA or aggresive team races.

Sigh...I wish you would look at the map and see if anything you wrote is possible without changing the entire terrain. You most likely do not know what my map even looks like...

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
It's just a map almost the same to the "Run Kitty Run". You know it is so boring to play with units just running around without even having any actions in the game.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
It's just a map almost the same to the "Run Kitty Run". You know it is so boring to play with units just running around without even having any actions in the game.

Thats why my idea(s) are worth changing the whole map terrain.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Heres what I think...

1. Ghosts walk into starting area wich sucks.
  2. It should wait quite awhile for a player to come try and revive you, If you dont get revived after while you revive back at the start, Instead of instant reviving at start.
  3. Should not be like run kitty run. The spairial path to top kind of terrain you should keep. Then make it like a obstical course, with ghosts only a one point the rest make rocks and barrles to bust to get past, calling rocks from the sky, volcanos, and other more interesting things along the way.
  4. It would be nice if when one sheep got killed they didnt all die so you could use other sheeps to revive your sheep.
  5. Make it as little like run kitty run as you can, I would just play run kitty run not this, and I dont even like run kitty run.

Oh and also. Make the map be larger and just one pyramid not 2, and make the path thicker..

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Thats why my idea(s) are worth changing the whole map terrain.
I might as well release two versions. I think I can manage that.

Heres what I think...

1. Ghosts walk into starting area wich sucks.
  2. It should wait quite awhile for a player to come try and revive you, If you dont get revived after while you revive back at the start, Instead of instant reviving at start.
  3. Should not be like run kitty run. The spairial path to top kind of terrain you should keep. Then make it like a obstical course, with ghosts only a one point the rest make rocks and barrles to bust to get past, calling rocks from the sky, volcanos, and other more interesting things along the way.
  4. It would be nice if when one sheep got killed they didnt all die so you could use other sheeps to revive your sheep.
  5. Make it as little like run kitty run as you can, I would just play run kitty run not this, and I dont even like run kitty run.

Oh and also. Make the map be larger and just one pyramid not 2, and make the path thicker..

@ #2: I don't quite understand this question. If you are saying that you don't like respawning at the start after dying, this is only b/c I did not have the checkpoints finished at the time I released this. Once you reach a checkpoint, you will revive there from then on.

@ #3: I only massed ghosts so that it you could actually test it. I was never planning on having ghosts the whole way.

@ #4: I'll make this a mode. I was thinking of doing this, but then I thought it may have been too easy so I didn't add this.

This is why I posted a rough unfinished map. I needed more ideas from you guys so that it would not be boring like you said.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
:O I only just noticed you acouly posted the map too :D
I see, you will really need to edit some terrain to squeeze in a FFA (It would be verry worth it though)

More ideas....hmm....
I got another FFA idea (FFA..hehe, im irritating)

Pass the haybale mode:
The race starts, after a while, 1 persons is given a haybale and is place slight ahead of the other players. The player who has the haybale walks slower than the other player, thats why he can pass on the haybale.

As the other, faster, players run by him, he can try to pass the haybale to one of them, making him run fast again, and the other player run slow. The haybale is passed on like this until 1 person lies too far behind to pass on his haybale. That player is blown up, and a new random player is given the haybale and is placed slightly ahead.

This proces repeats itself untill only 1 running sheep is left.

I know its sounds quite complicated, but it isent (my english just sucks, thats all). Just ask away if you dont understand.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.