A feature you would like to see (or already saw)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
this might be useful if enough people responds :)
what is the best feature you have seen so far in a wc3 map?
an example (rather stupid though...couldn't think of anything else)
eota twilight - hero defence - free mana and health potions available in the shop

or write something you would like to see...off course it should be something possible :p
like...camera shaking when your unit takes damage (another stupid example).

i just though this might come in handy like some global map suggestions topic ;)

S

StarLancer

i know people can use the spell book for more hero abilities but i wish blizzard could have made that in the first place as a normal feature

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Dialogs that wait for your team to vote and still work when one team member has left.

Tooltips that actually tell you what a spell does, with correct spelling.

Computer control, either at map start, or later for leavers. Preferably both.

B

brelinnnn

I want to see better AI. I want to feel like I'm really playing a human with changing strategy once in a while when I'm playing a single player game (no internet for a while :p ). For ONCE...I want to be tower rushed lol :rolleyes: .

I'm not sure if that has anything to do with what you said, but that is what I would like to see in a Warcraft game.

S

saihttam

I want to see more detail in spell descriptions, with out spelling errors, or having them in another language(I see it on a few maps) Also to show the damage and effect time.
More systems to deal with leavers.
More items and item spells, without those annoying recipes, where if you're a noob you take an hour trying to figure out the specific combinations
specefic item type shops eg.. one for weapons, one for armor, one for potions.
On some maps: less tomes
more carefully balanced heros, and finding counters for every hero to make sure it's more balanced.
more in game computer players, without them just being a dummy troop sender.
More creative Ideas
more buildings and upgrades even if it's a hero map

alot of things...

O

OmgWtfBacon

I would like to see more Hero Arenas that revolved more around Heroe's than what items they carried and wheter they had bash or not. I love it when maps are ALL about the heroes. The camera shaking when damg age is an awesome idea. You mind if I use that in my map, possibly?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
OmgWtfBacon said:
You mind if I use that in my map, possibly?
off course not...feel free to do so.
anyway nice suggestions from you all, especially saihttam. and i agree that recipes aren't always a good idea. 10-15 is ok...but if most of your items are actually recipes like in dota...

O

OmgWtfBacon

I found custom Hero Arena was actually doing pretty good near the beginning of the game when you didnt have that many items. Once you get a lot of items, the game just seems to lose its flavor, and is no longer a game... its a "blah". Maybe that's why I play Hero Wars Instead of DotA? Idk.

Anyways another great idea I've seen is the text above the units head, I like that. I wish I'd have thought of that. :banghead:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
hmmm what do you mean by that? what was written above unit's head?

O

OmgWtfBacon

SFilip said:
hmmm what do you mean by that? what was written above unit's head?

Well, when someone would type in a text, It would appear in "floating text" (see trigger) right above their head. its ingenious!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.