a simple question about cooldown time and dps

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
(2*BaseDmg+NumberOfDice+SidesPerDie)/(CooldownTime*2)
For a Footman:
(2*11+1+2)/(2*1.35) = 25/(2*1.35) = 9.26 (rounded up here, you will get infinate decimals on a calculator)
There you go.
So basically:
2 times [Base Damage of Unit] plus [Number of Dice] plus [Sides Per a Die] divided by [Cooldown] times 2
Look at the base damage and stuff in the object editor.

mad_man1983

Reaction score
thanks ^^ +rep for you ^^

now about cooldown time on the towers attack, is 1.00 the same as one second?

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
I would of thought 1 sec divided by the attack cooldown multiplied by the average of the min-max damage would be a unit's dps.

eg. A unit does 15-30 damage with a 1.5 second cooldown.

Code:
   [COLOR="Red"][B]Damage[/B][/COLOR]      [COLOR="Yellow"][B]Time[/B][/COLOR]
([15+30]/2) x (1/1.5)
=
   (22.5)   x (0.667)
=
         [COLOR="Lime"][B]15/dps[/B][/COLOR]

....would I be relatively correct in assuming that? I've been out of school for so long that sometimes basic maths elludes me, but I totally thought that's how you would do it

mad_man1983

Reaction score
i think you also have to consider animation back swing points, and that kind of stuff

does the animation back swing do anything too the attack speed or something? i thought it was just for animation and don't actually do anything too speed or dmg

LightChaosma

Reaction score
animation backswing point and animation damage point limit the maximum tate of fire, they are ignored by upgrades and aura's though, just set them to 0 that will fix everything ;) (only necesry if you want an attack to be done like 3 or more times / second)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I'd say (min damage + max damage)/2 and divide that by the cooldown.

So after simplyfing: (Basedamage + (Damage Dice * (Damage Sides + 1))/2)/Cooldown

Edit: Actually the same method as Murdermode suggested. So average of min and max damage divided by cooldown gives you an average DPs.

But all these formulas just give an average DPS, since we're working with random values.

mad_man1983

Reaction score
yeah i see, but that's okay, it won't be so much difference between my high and low dmg, so dps will be pretty much right

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.