A way to detect Pulverize?

nabbig2

Reaction score
Didn't you try my trigger in post#13 :(? It's not spammable by attack.

Oh, sorry I thought that was your old one.

But why the Acid Bomb buff?
what should I base the pulverize ability off of, Acid Bomb? Thanks.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
so you just want to detect pulverize by special effects.. just detecting that it works? is that it?

nabbig2

Reaction score
Yes, that's it.

You see, I want it so that once he pulverizes, he casts an extra spell the for the the next Spell he casts.

demotry241

Reaction score
Create a Pulverize skill ( in the Object Editor)

Remove the Requirements

Add an special effect at Art-Special

for your second part... i dont understand

nabbig2

Reaction score
Well if I just do that, Triggers can't detect if it performs the Pulverizes. You know, how there is a chance for the unit to Pulverize. Triggers can't detect that. Which is why I have to do all this :banghead:

demotry241

Reaction score
wait... after the pulverize theres a triggered spell that will be done?,

wait do pulverize deal damage?

nabbig2

Reaction score
Yes, pulverize will do damage.

The spell part will be a different trigger though, don't worry about it. I think I just need to get this pulverize detection part down.

demotry241

Reaction score
add buffs to pulverize and duration to 1.

then the trigger start the event by..

a unit gains a buff

condition
specific buff = ???

although i dont know if it will work..

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> But why the Acid Bomb buff?

It's just some random buff. Add any buff you like to the passive ability you use (for example Poison Sting, or Slow Poison).

> a unit gains a buff

No such event. It would be much simpler if this event exist.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Oh, got it. Thanks a lot again.

Now, how would I do this part in triggering?

Code:
Trigger - Add to Take Damage <gen> the event (Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
'Trigger - Add New Event'

The 'Take Damage <gen>' is basically the second trigger name which has no event. The '(Unit - (Triggering unit) Takes damage' is the specific unit event. Just find them and add them accordingly.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
'Trigger - Add New Event'

See the bolded part? It's under 'Trigger'. To recognise position of an action, always see the first word. Then filter the search using the 'Action Type' drop down menu.

nabbig2

Reaction score
I know, but I still can't find it under Trigger. Is it under Add New Event? I can't find out how to make it like how you said.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Is it under Add New Event?

Errr... Isn't that what I've typed?

Add to (This trigger) the event Event
You will see the above^

At This trigger:

Select the trigger which you want to add, meaning the second trigger name 'Damage Taken <gen>'.

At Event:

Go to 'Unit - Specific unit event'. You will see 'Unit dies'. For the 'Unit' part, select triggering unit. For the 'Dies' part, select 'takes damage'.

This is already very detail. If you still can't find it... then... find and find again. I can help no more o_O.

nabbig2

Reaction score
Okay, how do I do this? I can do up to matching condition once, can someone explain how to do it again?

Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 300.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Damage source))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))) and do (Actions)

This is what I have
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to ((Matching destructible) is alive))) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Use 'And'. Scroll down the drop down menu and then select it. This will allow you to add more conditions. You may need a few 'And's. Basically, there are 3 conditions. All 3 of them are Boolean.

> Isn't there a UnitTakesDamage...thing?
Don't think so. It only works for specific unit. (I'm saying this in terms of regular WE).

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Teng! Find it! :p

It's in the condition... condition.... scroll down the drop down menu~~~ It's located at the end. Find till you get. You just used 2 minutes to reply the message. Experiment everything yourself. You can't just 'know' something in such a short period of time... FIND IT!

No offense but you have quite a number of post here in TH but how come you're not experienced in building trigger?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.