Ability attach special effect

Love-Nature

Reaction score

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
looks pretty good to me, here's a bigger list though :)

You can create special effects using SPECIAL EFFECT - CREATE SPECIAL EFFECT AT POINT
and SPECIAL EFFECT - CREATE SPECIAL EFFECT ON UNIT.
If you create it on a unit, you have to specify where on the unit (attachment point). This is a list of the available places:

overhead (floats over the unit's head, but doesn't sway with the head as it animates)
head (sways with the unit's animation)
chest
origin (usually at the base of a unit's feet)
hand
foot
weapon (usually for heroes)
sprite (usually for buildings)
medium (usually for buildings)
large (usually for buildings)

There are also attachment point modifiers. Combine them with the attachment points to get the desired attachment, ie: LEFT FOOT and SECOND SPRITE.

left
right
mount (for mounted units)
rear (for quadrupeds)
first (for buildings)
second (for buildings)
third (for buildings)
fourth (for buildings)
fifth (for buildings)
sixth (for buildings)
rallypoint (for buildings)

NOTE: attachment points are configured into the models themselves, and not all models have all these points.

Hope this helps :)

merlinds

Reaction score
Just create a DummyItemAbility, like a add agility but set it to +0. then edit the ability and set the attachment of your special effect. Last, add the ability to your item.

If you do not know how to add the attachment to the ability, just check how the defaul auras work, then instead of the special effect of the aura just put your special effect and change "origin" with the attachment point you want!

Love-Nature

Reaction score
Just create a DummyItemAbility, like a add agility but set it to +0. then edit the ability and set the attachment of your special effect. Last, add the ability to your item.
But can i set it from my engineer upgrade item ability?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
yes you did, you just didnt understand what you were asking for, you would need to use these to properly attach a special effect to a unit, trust grags, he does a lot with special effects

Love-Nature

Reaction score
Sorry for trying to help, I will not make that mistake again.

Really funny...

yes you did, you just didnt understand what you were asking for, you would need to use these to properly attach a special effect to a unit, trust grags, he does a lot with special effects

I'd like to trust but that (what he replied) is not my problem, my problem is another...

You can create special effects using SPECIAL EFFECT - CREATE SPECIAL EFFECT AT POINT
and SPECIAL EFFECT - CREATE SPECIAL EFFECT ON UNIT.

I just said i cant make it meaning i cant, not i dont know to... sorry but thats english not specific.

GFreak45

Reaction score
then explain your problem better instead of insulting someone for helping you, keep doing it and you will find that no1 will want to help you the same way it happened to 136610 and djcbb, they stopped getting any posts period to any of their threads, be nicer please

Love-Nature

Reaction score
then explain your problem better instead of insulting someone for helping you, keep doing it and you will find that no1 will want to help you the same way it happened to 136610 and djcbb, they stopped getting any posts period to any of their threads, be nicer please

What are you talking about? Insulting? Do you even know what a insult is?

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
He means your whole attitude. If someones obviously trying to help you. Doesn't matter how wrong they are, at least they are trying. You should acknowledge that and least say thankyou.

GFreak45

Reaction score
i just recommend closing the thread now, you can with the administrator tools at the top

Love-Nature

Reaction score
i just recommend closing the thread now, you can with the administrator tools at the top

Nhaa i dont want to get this thread closed, i just want to get answered, no matter if it helps or not, i just cant tollerate these useless posts like yours. Next post please try to be to any help or just dont reply to this thread anymore instead of asking to close this thread for a reason that only you know.

You should acknowledge that and least say thankyou.

I dont understand that... why should i say thank you?

@GFreak45: Grags_1997 gave me an answer, i appreciated it but that is not what i asked, it is simple, just you cant get it right? Im sure i dont have to say thank you every wrong post even if not on purpose, i just appreciate it because he tried to help atleast,instead of judging people with useless replyes that doesnt help them.

merlinds

Reaction score
mmmm, i dont think your understanding Love-Nature. YOU are asking for help for some thing YOU dont know, and GRAGS and GFreak are trying to help YOU. THey are spending THEIR TIME to help YOU. and you do not look really greatfull.
If you check other posts, you will see that the ppl that most help are casually "Gfreak and Grags" so i do not recomend you to piss them off.

Love-Nature

Reaction score
mmmm, i dont think your understanding Love-Nature. YOU are asking for help for some thing YOU dont know, and GRAGS and GFreak are trying to help YOU. THey are spending THEIR TIME to help YOU. and you do not look really greatfull.
If you check other posts, you will see that the ppl that most help are casually "Gfreak and Grags" so i do not recomend you to piss them off.

Mmm still replying with off-topic? Allright you can now close this thread.

:mad:merlinds: Also a personal suggest, stop licking theyr ass...

GFreak45

Reaction score
the issue isnt saying thanks for every post, every time someone responds to my thread to help me the first time at least i say thanks, even if it doesnt actually help, i do that because they spent their time for me, when they could have spent it doing something they want to do, after that, if it wasnt solved in the first post but they do solve it in the end i say thanks again, i understand that may seem odd to you, but i dont hang out in your house and criticize the way that you communicate with your friends, thats essentially what you are doing by saying that its stupid to be polite eventhough its just a part of online communication

lets just start over, can you explain your issue better?

Love-Nature

Reaction score
Love it!
My problem is: i cant add an attachment on the unit throught an ability... how to? I know the points "chest,origin,head,overhead etc..." but i dont know to set it from an ability not throught a trigger.

I'll post the screenshot so you can understand better :

Immagine.JPG

GFreak45

Reaction score
art caster applies the effect to the caster at the specified points (ie: blizzard attaches frost to the hands of the caster) the art target applies it at the target (ie: bloodlust makes it bigger and attaches red to its hands) is that what you needed? and btw, do not respond like the post just before my last again, you will quickly see people turn on you who are trying to help

merlinds

Reaction score
Search for an ability that has a attachmen by defaul (all auras does) and just replace the Effect of the aura with your effect and the attachment point, from "origin" (the defaul aura attachment) to the place you want.
If you want to put an attachment in your already existing ability, just put the effect in the same field the auras does and put the attachment point in the field that the auras does.
And remember, if you put an attachment point like "Left hand" you must create 2 attachment points in the same field. you doble click the field to edit it, press to add a strig, and typo left, and again the same just this time you type hand.
This is the way i do it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.