Ability Help: Bull Rush

RoarMan

Reaction score
Working on an ability called Bull Rush. Basically, unit A casts the spell at target Point. Unit is order to move to the target, but I also need to check when unit is at the target Point so I can make it cast a spell and also remove dummy units that give unit A bonus movement speed. I have this so far.

Code:
Bull Rush
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Bull Rush 
    Actions
        Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Move To (Target point of ability being cast)
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
        Set Bull_Rush_End[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Last created unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Bull Rush  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Bull Rush Passive 1  to Bull_Rush_End[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Bull Rush  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Bull Rush Passive 2  to Bull_Rush_End[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Level of Bull Rush  for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 3
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Add Bull Rush Passive 3  to Bull_Rush_End[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
            Else - Actions

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Would you mind if the guy "slid" a little? ^^ I'm writing it up right now, you'll see what i'm talking about. :eek:

Here o_O
Trigger:
  • Bullrush Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Set N = 0
      • Unit - Turn collision for BullRusher Off
      • Animation - Play BullRusher's Stand animation // you can change this to whatever looks good
      • Unit - Pause BullRusher
      • Set BullRusherPnt = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set BullRusher = (Casting unit)
      • Set BullRushed = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set BullRushAngle = (Integer((Angle from (BullRusher)) to (Position of (BullRushed)))))
      • Set BullRushLevel = (Level of Animate Dead for (Triggering unit))
      • Set Distance = (Integer((Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)))))
      • Trigger - Turn on BullRush Slide <gen>

Trigger:
  • BullRush Slide
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set N = (N+15)
      • Set BullRusherPnt = (Position of (BullRusher))
      • Set BullRusherToPnt = (BullRusherPnt offset by 20.00 towards BullRushAngle degrees)
      • Unit - Move BullRusher instantly to BullRusherToPnt
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at BullRusherPnt using Abilities\Weapons\AncientProtectorMissile\AncientProtectorMissile.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BullRusherPnt)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_BullRusherToPnt)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • N Greater than or equal to Distance
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Unpause BullRusher
          • Unit - Turn collision on for BullRusher
          • Unit - Reset BullRusher's animation
          • Set BullRusher = no unit
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • BullRushLevel Equal to 1
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Add Attribute Bonus to (Last created unit)
            • Else - Actions
              • -------- Etc, Etc --------
          • Trigger - Turn off (This Trigger)

Just read that the unit was only to increase his movement speed, which he shouldn't need with this. Looks like you also just wanted him to walk there, didn't notice that :[ Well i'll keep this up there just incase you want to use this anyways.
Edited: Jebus, I really screwed the trigger up first attempt sorry xD Should be working now, however.

SkateuUp

Reaction score
just as a note playing the animation won't work if there is enemies nearby as he will want to attack them :/ better to pause then use custom script (call SetUnitAnimationByIndex(udg_Unit, ?) you will need to find the animation number

ArmyOfFrogs

Reaction score
Yeah i paused him on this one skateup, and played a stand animation (Looks good on footmen, not sure about others. Crypt lord could flap wings. Would depend on which unit though.)

RoarMan

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have something else in mind. If things on my end fall apart, I'll be sure to use your suggestion. +rep both of ya.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.