Ability help

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
hello fellow map makers, i have some problems with my abilitys.

1. is there any way that i can make death coil work on the unit that used it??? he is undead but if i check "self" in targets allowed it will go nuts. it won't attack enemy units and won't heal myself.

2. i have a spell based on vampiric aura but i want to make it an activate ability that only lasts for a decided amount of time. is that possible??? else is there any other ability that will do the same thing (heal myself when i attack an opponent) and that i can activate and that lasts for a certain amount of time.

i appreciate all help i can get.

canons200

Reaction score
1) multi tick? tick self, enemy and friend?

2) create dummy and add vampiric aura for the dummy, every 0.10 seconds move the dummy to your hero until the time expire and remove the dummy?

ultimate11

Reaction score
1) multi tick? tick self, enemy and friend?

2) create dummy and add vampiric aura for the dummy, every 0.10 seconds move the dummy to your hero until the time expire and remove the dummy?

1 wont work.Use another spell and trigger it.
2 give to dummy vampiric aura with "AoE - 9999999 and Target: Player only" and add to it an expiration timer.Isn`t necessary to move dummy to point of hero over and over.

DioD

Reaction score
Deathcoil will work on self if caster is undead.

if you check "self" without unchecking "not self" it will not work.

also you shoud set invul + vul targeting only.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
1). @DioD: targeting only self+invul+vul will make the aura target enemys as well. he should check friends at least.

2). make some active dummy ability. channel for example but it could any instant cast dummy ability you like.

make a trigger like this:
Code:
Events
 Ability is being cast
Conditions
 Ability is MYDUMMYABILITY
Actions
 Add Vampiric Aura to Triggerin Unit
 wait X.XX seconds
 remove Vampiric Aura of Triggering Unit
if you need it to be MUI or MPI this wouldnt work. you would need to add the caster to a unit group and count down some integer of any sort (custom value, dummy ability, whatever) and remove the aura in an other, periodically running, trigger when the time has come.

to make the aura not appear as an icon in your command icon list you would need to hide it using a spellbook.
if the aura should only target the hero himself use the "life steal" item ability instead, or alot easier, the vampiric potion ability.

DioD

Reaction score
@Accname

plz read post of topic started, he needs deathcoil aim self, any ally and any enemy, eg ANY unit.

self+invul+vul will make ability target self only.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
1. Why not just base it off something else and trigger it?

2. Vampiric Potion, Item Ability. Change to Unit Ability and the Edit Fields etc.

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
ok thanks vampiric poition worked really great (forgot to say that i just wanted it to affect me), but i can't get death coil to work with triggers :confused: could someone help me with it???

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
just change the targets allowed from this:
ground, air, nonancient, notself, organic, invulnerable, vulnerable

to this:
ground, air, nonancient, organic, invulnerable, vulnerable

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
just removing notself doesn't work, it won't target me or my unit (a ghoul that i summon) but it works on my raise dead skeleton (it at least worked when i had it to it's normal settings).

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i just tested it and it works for me pretty well. have a look at the attached map:

Attachments

• [Z]DeathCoilOnCaster.w3x
    16.1 KB · Views: 98

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
ok it works for you but it won't work for me. a question that may be the solution. my hero was based on a human hero, doesn't he count as an undead if i change stats - race to undead??? in that case is there any way to copy all changes i made directly to another, or can i just change the base unit???

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
u can change the Race/Classification in the editor instead of recreating the unit.

but if you were going to recreate, as far as i know there's no way to copy multiple fields in one instance.

Gamewolf3000

Reaction score
ok it is confirmed, my hero doesn't count like an undead even if i change "stats - race" to undead. is there something i have done wrong or am i missing something???

hopy

Reaction score
ok it is confirmed, my hero doesn't count like an undead even if i change "stats - race" to undead. is there something i have done wrong or am i missing something???

"stats - race" doesn't matter at all, it's just meant to order the units in the Object Editor as far as I know.
What you need is "Stats - Unit Classification", it's just above the whole "Text - " and "Techtree - " stats at the bottem of the units object editor page.

If you get a massage on a spell saying "Can/Can't be cast on (Undead, Structures, Mechanical units, Workers" or anything like that it's because of the "Stats - Unit Classification" field and the "Targets allowed" field on the spell.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@hopy:
the race does matter but it doesnt matter for this issue.

the only thing in which the race setting matters is when you are building structures with workers. because all workers of the race undead build alike, workers of any other race cannot build that way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.