Ability Stack

Vnbear

Reaction score
I have been looking through the forums but could not find a solution for my problem.

I have a building called 'command center' and it has the ability called 'command aura'.
'command aura' increases nearby units' attack damage by 5%.

Is there a way to make it such that when you build 2 command centers, the ability will stack and provide a 10% increase in attack damage?

Currently, no matter how many Command centers i build, the bonus is only 5% increase in attack damage.

Vnbear

Reaction score
Then is there some other abilities that can stack and i want the same function( 5% increase in attack damage)

Estel3

Reaction score
You could try making a dummy unit when the building is constructed with a Command Aura. Then when another building is constructed, his aura levels up. It would be hard to keep MUI and MPI but check it out.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Is there a way to make it such that when you build 2 command centers, the ability will stack and provide a 10% increase in attack damage?
The word stack is a bit rough/misleading I think. All you want is if a player has 2 command centers it gives 20% increased attack damage to nearby units instead of 10% (for example, am I right?)..
Just do a easy trigger that levels up the Ability, if a command center is finished constructed. And then ofc, if it dies, decrease it. ;)
Cheerio

Vnbear

Reaction score
But this will mean no matter where you build the command centers, the bonus is still the same. Is there a way to make it such that the bonuses are different at different places,depending on the number of command centers there?

Example: At location X, there is 3 command centers, the bonus is 15%
At location Y, there is 1 command center, the bonus is 5%

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
As far as I know, Tornado Slow Aura stacks. Simply use positive values and set the "Targets Allowed" field to "Allies", and you should have a stacking command aura. (You may want to change the buff though)

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Only certain auras stack. I happen to know that tornado slow not only stacks, but it has fields for attack speed and movement speed increase (they are negative to begin with, but setting them positive will increase these fields. You will also need to set targets allowed to allies, and possibly change the buff.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Give every unit an invis aura (follow spellbook tutorials), and level that up by counting the amount of command centres in a range around him. The command centre auras should be "looks only".

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
Give every unit an invis aura (follow spellbook tutorials), and level that up by counting the amount of command centres in a range around him. The command centre auras should be "looks only".
??? Does nobody read the bottom of the thread?

Vnbear

Reaction score
As far as I know, Tornado Slow Aura stacks. Simply use positive values and set the "Targets Allowed" field to "Allies", and you should have a stacking command aura. (You may want to change the buff though)

But there is no attack damage bonus from the tornado slow aura, is there a way to add that in?

Waaaaagh

Reaction score
My advice to you is this: Forget the damage bonus. It's more trouble than it's worth. It DOES have an attack SPEED bonus, which effectively increases damage dealt per second by a percentage, so, it's like damage bonus, but it's not a fixed amount (+20).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.