Absolutely no sound period please help!

Fulgore

Reaction score
I just logged in today and found I have no sound at all. At first everything looked just fine, no ? marks near any of the devices under Computer Management. So after trying typical methods to gain sound again I resorted to reinstalling the sound drivers, well that's when it got worse.

Now I cannot find the driver it wants, the only information it gives is this Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus with ? mark near it. As a result it has disabled my audio software that adjusts the sound because now it has nothing to recognize. The software that my computer uses is SoundMAX.

I've tried googling it and searching many forums, but finding nothing to help. Some places said that the driver it wanted is in Windows Service Pack 3, and isn't available alone. Other places claimed the opposite. Really nowhere I found had the answer.

I run Windows XP Media Center Edition and that my motherboard is an ASUS M3A32-MVP DELUXE.

Please any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
so if you right click on the little speakers option and go to playback devices, does anything show up? have you tried using all of them as the default device? does it work if you plug in headphones? (if you have multiple sound outputs)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Why would he buy speakers when that's not even his problem?

Here, I uploaded the drivers for you, straight from the asus site, since they don't allow you to hotlink properly...

edit, the upload didn't go through, I'll upload it elsewhere.

Ok I give up uploading it. Find your Motherboard here under SocketAM2/AM2+/AM3

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Fulgore

Reaction score
so if you right click on the little speakers option and go to playback devices, does anything show up? have you tried using all of them as the default device? does it work if you plug in headphones? (if you have multiple sound outputs)

Yeah I have options for it but no sound of any kind for speaker or headphone. I tried default for them aswell.

Why would he buy speakers when that's not even his problem?

Here, I uploaded the drivers for you, straight from the asus site, since they don't allow you to hotlink properly...

edit, the upload didn't go through, I'll upload it elsewhere.

Ok I give up uploading it. Find your Motherboard here under SocketAM2/AM2+/AM3

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

God thank you! It's working perfectly again!

I had previously stumbled upon that not so easy to find part of Dell's site before, but didn't see my model number in the catagories.

Again thank you much for the assistance. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.