Ack! My dummies are triggering on the wrong spells!

gameshow

Reaction score
Alright, so I have a hero ability which creates a dummy which then casts invisibility on my Hero. I duplicated said hero ability to create a different ability altogether. Unfortunately, this duped ability also activates the trigger which casts invisibility. Which value do i need to change to prevent my trigger from believing this ability is the original?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You need to change the Order String.

gameshow

Reaction score
The order string use/turn on? I tried that and no change. The ability which SHOULD trigger the invisibilty has the order string "thunderclap". I've changed that in the new ability to a number of things with no effect.

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
1) Don't add two spells that share the same order string in one unit.
2) If you are about to cast one spell that has the same order string with another on the same hero, they will be cast both.
3) To prevent this, use one dummy for each spell, not one dummy with two spells of the same id. Thunderclap has a string that refers to a non-targets ability, when Invisibility is a unit target ability. Generally, changing the id won't help you. Base it off on a different ability then and use a dummy to cast it.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> You need to change the Order String.

You can't...

The only abilities this works with are
- Channel
- Spell Book
- Charge Gold and Lumber

They come with a special option for doing do: Data - Order ID

All other abilities are fixed.
And, well, trying to use the same ability several times on one unit just doesn't work...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.