Add casting/cast buff on a morphing ability.

joaoac

Reaction score
I ve been working on a "werebeast" hero that morphs to wolf, hawk, wendigo, etc...

The point is:

When the hero starts the morphing ability, the faerie fire (my choice) buff appears for 2 seconds and then the hero is morphed and no more faerie fires appears.

I can't mind a trigger that add a buff for the morphed unit for more 2 seconds after the transformation.

What I need:
Unit normal -->> Starts morphing (buff for 2 secs) --> Unit morphed (buff for more 2 secs)
e.g. 4 seconds of faerie fire

Also, how to make the storm crow ability not instant. I can't manage for it the same 2 seconds cast time as I do for ground units.

Thanks in Advance.

ianu74

Reaction score
I think metamorphesis removes all buffs when you morph.... You might wanna set a trigger that waits for a few seconds and then adds the buff...

Goober4473

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You could make a dummy ability, and have a trigger that goes off when the ability is used that adds the buff, waits 2 seconds, gives the unit the real morph ability, orders the unit to use the real ability, then immediately removes it, then adds the buff again, since the morphing removed it, waits 2 seconds, then removes the buff.

How does that sound?

joaoac

Reaction score
You could make a dummy ability, and have a trigger that goes off when the ability is used that adds the buff, waits 2 seconds, gives the unit the real morph ability, orders the unit to use the real ability, then immediately removes it, then adds the buff again, since the morphing removed it, waits 2 seconds, then removes the buff.
How does that sound?
Sounds good, but I suck at dummy abilities. Never finished one correctly. I'm really noob to play with more complicated abilities and efects.:banghead:

Are you saying that I need a dummy unit to cast the dummy ability on the hero 2 times, one for each form?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
This tutorial explains how to create dummy unit: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28117

> Also, how to make the storm crow ability not instant.

Remove from 'Data - Morphing Flags' Immediate Take Off and keep just Uninterruptable.
Change 'Stats - Casting Time' to 2.00.

Variables used:
'werebeast_caster' is unit variable and starts with default value.
'werebeast_point' is point variable and starts with default value.

I had to use custom scripts to keep it MUI (multi unit instanceable). Because everything is case sensitive you have to write variable names like I did, otherwise you will get compile errors when trying to save your map or even World Editor may crash. Don't change actions priority (adding/ moving actions and custom scripts) also or you may produce compile errors and again World Editor may crash or give error message. That means edit trigger actions (like dummy unit created and ordered ability string to cast on unit), but keep other things unchanged. I used Priest and Inner Fire ability just for example, you can change them without any problems.
Code:
Werebeast Morph
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Crow Form
    Actions
        Custom script:       local unit whichUnit = null
        Set werebeast_caster = (Triggering unit)
        Custom script:       set whichUnit = udg_werebeast_caster
        Set werebeast_point = (Position of werebeast_caster)
        Unit - Create 1 Priest for (Owner of werebeast_caster) at werebeast_point facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:       call RemoveLocation(udg_werebeast_point)
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire werebeast_caster
        Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
        Custom script:       set udg_werebeast_caster = whichUnit
        Custom script:       set whichUnit = null
        Set werebeast_point = (Position of werebeast_caster)
        Unit - Create 1 Priest for (Owner of werebeast_caster) at werebeast_point facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:       call RemoveLocation(udg_werebeast_point)
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire werebeast_caster
As a side note if you create custom ability and want to cast it on unit, pick from actions ability order which you based off of your new custom ability.

joaoac

Reaction score
As for the not instant question, you can set the casting time.
Not really. I changed that, and nothing worked.
Also changed the imediate take off and nothing happened.

Thanks for all the HELP.
Specially Sooda.

EDIT: All modifications of casting time only make the unit stuck in the ground, then gets the take off.
e. g. if I set the casting time to 3 secs, for example, the air unit appears and stay for 3 secs on ground, then starts to fly.
I attached the map skecth.

Attachments

• (1) A Test Map.w3x
    51.3 KB · Views: 90

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> the air unit appears and stay for 3 secs on ground
Actually you have tweaked something what causes this. When I tried it with default Crow Form ability, Druid of the Talon? (dude with cyclone) waited 2 seconds and then started to morph crow.
I will check your map and tell where is problem, it takes few days because I don't have much free time lately.

EDIT:
Interesting, 'Stats - Casting Time' collides with 'Data - Duration ...', Actually if both fields have values casting time is ignored and you can freely move unit while morphing. Because of that it is better when 'Stats -Casting Time' is set to 0. For your Hawk morph works very well combo where 'Data - Altitude Adjustment Duration' is same as 'Stats Duration ...' and 'Data - Landing Delay Time' is set to 0.
I didn't understand why you enabled both ability classifications - hero and item, you only need one at a time, in your case it should be hero or are you using these abilities in items also?

joaoac

Reaction score
Really thanks.

I was figuring that all that times could be messing one with other.

The item was checked just in cause of the tooltips. The hero version has less tooltips. When finished tooltips, I ll back em to only Hero.
Thanks again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.