Alittle Ability Help

Darkenneko

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Ahem, I'm trying to make a ability, based off of, Searing Arrows,
accept I want it for a Melee Hero. I've tried to base it, but it doesn't work, or
to my knowledge it doesn't, Its inside a spell book of the heroes if that matters any.
Also, the reason I "Think" it dosn't work is because there is a flame graphic that
plays when the unit is hit, but it doesn't.

Thanks Everyone for Reading. =]
-Calvin

AEK

Reaction score
Too make sure that it works/doesnt work, try mking the damage huge (1shot capable) then see if it works, if it doent kill it in 1 shot then it doesnt work, what have u got the range set to?

Edit: Also since there is NO "art - target" preent for searing arrows i would assume that the fire effect is from the projectile art, which if you have turned off would not show up.

Holla.

Reaction score
i recon if your looking for a little tiny burst of flame when a melee hero attacks you should go with orb of fires graphics they have a flame sound as well. searing arrows doesnt rly work. it is, after all, searing ARROWS

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
I tried it out and "Searing Arrows" worked for my meelee hero without even changing a single option. Dont worry about the animation stuff, it will not cause a spell not to work. but it would surely look better, if the effect of the spell and the animation stick together...

Darkenneko

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Too make sure that it works/doesnt work, try mking the damage huge (1shot capable) then see if it works, if it doent kill it in 1 shot then it doesnt work, what have u got the range set to?

Edit: Also since there is NO "art - target" preent for searing arrows i would assume that the fire effect is from the projectile art, which if you have turned off would not show up.

No, I Set my Own Art - Target,
And gave it the Target - Head
So There head lights aflame ALSO, its At 1 shot Capabilities 5k Damage. =]
Doesn't work. >_<"
Thanks for the Advice tho, I Did do that. =]

Darkenneko

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I tried it out and "Searing Arrows" worked for my meelee hero without even changing a single option. Dont worry about the animation stuff, it will not cause a spell not to work. but it would surely look better, if the effect of the spell and the animation stick together...

Maybe because yours isn't inside a Spellbook?
My abilities will all be inside a Spellbook Ability for my Heroes.
Just thought I'd point that Out. =D

AEK

Reaction score
Ah, im beat then, lol :p im sure i got it to work with black arrow yesterday :( for my templar :p]

Edit: Is it possible to base it off bash or something, change the % to 100 and give it a mana cost? but u wouldnt be able ot turn it off, which would be a pain in the ass :p

cowmenace

Reaction score
try giving the unit a projectile using none.mdl
ull get an error message saying cant load none.mdl dont worry about it it wont hurt ur map
hope it works!

also try changing it to unit spell

Darkenneko

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
try giving the unit a projectile using none.mdl
ull get an error message saying cant load none.mdl dont worry about it it wont hurt ur map
hope it works!

also try changing it to unit spell

Hmm...
Didn't seem to help none.
Also, it was already a Unit spell, this problem is probably because its inside
a spell book. =/ Well, thank you all for you help, I'll think of something.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.