ALL World Editors (Including Normal Blizzard One) Crashes When I Save ANY Map

T

thelordof

Whenever I try to save ANY map in World Editor, it crashes. It always crashes no matter what the map is. I have even tried it on freshly made maps and it still crashes.

I have tried it with both regular World Editor and WEU.
I have tried it with WEU uninstalled.
I have tried it on Vista.
I have tried it on a freshly-installed version of XP.
I have tried re-installing WC3.
I have tried re-installing WEU.
I have tried re-installing XP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: worldedit.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 469fb61a
Fault Module Name: worldedit.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 469fb61a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00039ad6
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 21d9
Additional Information 2: 07a02752290d9cc878dc5f6eac4b3f17
Additional Information 3: 335d
Additional Information 4: 695221c759b053814cedbefac6dc4532

On a side note, it does leave a folder called mymap.w3x.temp which contains what I believe are most of, if not all the files contained in a .w3x file. Including...
war3map.doo
war3map.j
war3map.mmp
war3map.shd
war3map.w3c
war3map.w3e
war3map.w3i
war3map.w3r
war3map.w3t
war3map.wct
war3map.wpm
war3map.wtg
war3map.wts
war3mapMap.blp
war3mapUnits.doo

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
It seems too complicated to solve for us, try going to the Blizzard support and submit it. They should know your problem.

T

thelordof

Blizz states right on the loading screen of the World Editor that they don't support the world editor. :(

FhelZone

Reaction score
It states, they dont directly support world editor, so you have a chance to gain some help from them, if the represntative knows your problem taht is.

T

thelordof

Meh, trust me I've dealed with Blizz support before, and they are less than helpful... I'll give it a try though...

On the off-chance. Don't everyone assume this is the problem automatically. But I did used an image I created a while back to install WC3/TFT. Maybe, somewhere along the line a 1 got switched with a 0 in the compression from CD to iso... and maybe just maybe that's the problem. Problem is I don't have my CD's ... lost em a while back... still have my cases with my CD keys though lol. Anyways, I doubt this is the problem seeing how everything else works fine except for when I try to save, but it might be. I'll see what I can do to test this.

FhelZone

Reaction score
Install the new patch if you have problems with the CD, I can't go further about your problem if it is about the CD.

T

thelordof

Naw the problem isn't being able to launch the program. It's patched up to date. I'm thinking there is a remote possibility that the install from the iso files was corrupted.... Unlikely... but possible. What do you think?

FhelZone

Reaction score
You don't get it do you, just search for the 1.21b patch, I can't talk about CD's here you know.

T

thelordof

You don't get it... lol... I don't have an issue with not having the CD's. I AM patched fully. I am saying the problem might be that since I installed it from an IMAGE of a CD and not the ACTUAL CD, that the install might be partially (no matter how minutely) bugged. And maybe that is what is causing WE to keep crashing on save. Maybe WC3 installs some DLL's and somehow those are corrupted, no way to be certain.

Anyways, I am not doing or asking for anything illegal. I am the proud owner of ROC and TFT and have receipts/cases to prove it. All I lost were the CD's AFTER I backed them up to iso files.

FhelZone

Reaction score
It's not from the installer, if so your warcraft would not run, the world editor base its datas from the MPQ's. Loosing one .dll would crash the whole thing. Look at the information you got, the world editor version indicated is 0.0.0.0.0 isn't that weird. Wait I think I got it, so when you save world editor cannot fuse the required files into a w3x?

T

thelordof

Anyways, I'm tired and I'm gonna get some sleep. If you can think of any solutions post here and I'll read em in the morning. Thanks for the help bro!

T

thelordof

Update:
Just tried uninstalling WC3 and reinstalling from friend's CDs and still no dice. Still exact same error. Can anyone help me? Please, I'm desperate. I miss map making . :(

T

thelordof

Already did that, nothing relevant found.... this is really starting to make me annoyed :banghead:! What else am I supposed to do? I've reinstalled WC3 5+ times, reinstalled both XP and Vista... is there anything else to do?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How did you reinstall it if you lost your CD's?

T

thelordof

They are off the system on a removeable hard drive. Virus/Spyware Scan came up with noting... gonna try testing in increments.. ie install RoC test WE... instal FT test.... patch test....

T

thelordof

... With just ROC installed.... WE still crashes on save... HELP ME PLEASE!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.