Allowing burrowed units to move and Upgrades that disappear after being researched.

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I have a few questions that I cannot seem to figure out.

1. I'm trying to make a Hunter Killer able to move while burrowed. I gave the HK the Move and Stop abilities, and added the move stop, hold position and patrol buttons. I associated each button with its proper command. I gave the unit a movement speed.

But in the game, I cannot move the unit, and none of the buttons besides Stop and Unburrow appear. So am I missing something here? How do I get this working?

2. I made a building have the Evolution Chamber upgrade ability, and added modified versions of the Organic Carapace and Combat Shield upgrades, that affected different units and had different Icons.

When I research them in game, the units are properly affected, but the upgrade does not disappear from the building and can still be clicked on. How do I fix that?

3. How do I shorten the time it takes for a Tank to switch to Siege mode?

ROTS19

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Well, I figured #2 out.

Turns out you gotta make sure that you have a Learn requirement on it, For example if your upgrade is Stim Packs, you gotta make the requirement "Learn Stim Packs" so that it disappears after it is researched. This makes things overly complicated if you wanted to make, say, Reaper's G4 Bombs researchable at the Rax's tech lab. You'd have to make a Learn G4 Bombs requirement, and modify it as necessary so it uses the Story Mode Reaper Bombs upgrade, then make the ability for researching it require the requirement you just made.

Unless there's a better way of doing that sort of thing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.