Ally properties?!???

Amphetadream

Reaction score
I've googled and searched the threads but I can't find out how to set up the basic ally/unally menu in the game, f11. when I test the game it has everyone unallied and can't ally each other, I want everyone to start out allys and to unally eachother if they want, help???

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
You can use triggers, by setting alliance of players. You can also edit player properties/force properties under scenario if I'm not wrong. Just make 1 force, put all the players in the force, and check allied with shared vision.

Amphetadream

Reaction score
It doesn't make sense though in a lot of games you can just change who is your ally and vision and what not in the f11 menu, but I can't get mine to do that, I need the check boxes in f11 to be green and able to be changed by players. and If I put them all on the same force, I can't start the game because it says there is no enemies to start game.

skyblader

Reaction score
Create another force, and put computer in it. Fixed player settings. Problem solved.

Amphetadream

Reaction score
Problem not solved, I did that, and it stilll has the boxes unclickable...
this is the last thing I need to do to finish my map, i can't play until I fix this, and I've been trying to figure it out for over an hour now

skyblader

Reaction score
Okay, if that doesn't work, the last resort is player chat message.

So you tell your players if they type -war or -ally followed by their colours, it will ally or unally accordingly.

Player 1 enters the chat message "-ally " as a substring

set integerVar = S2I(entered chat string,7,length of entered chat string)

Make player 1 treat player[integerVar] as an ally with shared vision

skyblader

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -ally as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set integerVar = (Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string))))))
      • Player - Make (Triggering player) treat (Player(integerVar)) as an Ally with shared vision

Though DioD's suggestion would be better. Just uncheck fixed player settings. Not sure if it works.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.