Annoying Malware wont go away

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
alright, i cant find anything that can help with this problem, ive ran scans from spybot, avg, adaware, and hijackthis! they found some things, fixed them, but this little thing is still there saying i have spyware. To make shure if it was windows alerting me, i unplugged my ethernet before clicking it, and yes it displayed a blank page stateing it could not go to the site. That means its malware.

My problem is, i have no idea how to get it out, ive run just about every tool ive found here and have bin trying to get rid of it for the past 10 hours with no luck.

The first sight of this problem was today, after i came back from school. Usualy my dad uses this computer when im at school, so im shure he installed something he waset suppost to install, but hes not saying anything and outright denying everything i trow at him. So i dont know where this came from.

Ive attached a screenshot incase any of you recarbonizes it, i do not know what they call this, but i do know that it is slowing down my comp and annoying me like crazy and i want it removed

it seems to have an animation of switching between a white questionmark with a blue circle as a background and a red sheild with an wight X any ideas what this is?

edit: uploaded

edit 2: the screenshot

virusslimedep0.png

edit 3 10/24/07 11:23pm: I found something called smitfraudfix and ran it, the thing is now gone

This is fixed, you may delete /close this thread

Attachments

• virus slimed.bmp
    139.1 KB · Views: 263

Rad

Reaction score
The first thing to do when this happens is observe your systems running processes in Task Manager, any suspicious ones running under your username should be searched with Google - usually resulting in many virus databases as results.

And there is no need to close/delete the thread. What if someone else finds this post through a google search and needs to ask how you accomplished it? And deleting it would just remove that persons chance to discover thehelper.net

;)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
If you load up avast, it tests your local memory.
Also, spybot has a process list type thing and if you select one it'll give you info on it.

chris

Reaction score
Right then....

Get avast antivirus and Adaware on your computer....(both free)

Restart and boot into safe mode (this makes sure that only the basic system is running)

Then run both adaware and avast and get rid of everything they come up with.

Reboot and see what happens.

If problems continue can you give use a complete list of every thing in the add and remove proggrammes list in the control panel as you may have a programme trying to get you to buy something eventually

Prometheus

Reaction score
Spybot > Adaware
Ever since adaware started running realtime, I stopped using it.
Spybot is much better, its like a firewall....kinda.

Rad

Reaction score
Spybot > Adaware
Ever since adaware started running realtime, I stopped using it.
Spybot is much better, its like a firewall....kinda.

Both features are undesired for many people. Firewalls? I honestly don't see a reason for one. I'm not using one, never have.

Anyway, it depends on which build of Ad-Aware you have. And the 'running realtime' shouldn't be available unless you register. Its called live protection.

Supposedly a paid feature. So I take it you bought a feature you didn't want :rolleyes:

Spybot is meh, adaware has a larger database

Prometheus

Reaction score
Actually, I didn't pay for any anti-virus or spyware.
It just started running in my task bar and scanning.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
guys, if you havent noticed the last statement in my first post, i sates that it was fixed... about 30 minutes after i posted (i got some program to work its not clean) so right now theres no problems....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.