Answer to this? O.o

MeTr01DPr1M3

Reaction score
Well hello there mates. Hope I didn't go out of your minds for a little while ^_^.

Well I have a question for ya involving Unit Groups.

I am supposed to have a unit group that is not a structure and it is not mechanical. Now I already have set the Temp_Group to not be these things. But how can I order a unit to (let's say) storm bolt EACH and every one of the units in that Temp_Group?

Replies are much appreciated. :)

Thanks mates. :cool:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
But how can I order a unit to (let's say) storm bolt EACH and every one of the units in that Temp_Group?

You can do this by using dummy units. Create one dummy for each picked unit, and order each dummy unit to storm bolt the picked unit.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Code:
Actions
    Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
    For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area))), do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Matching unit)

Give the dummy unit a 99999 range storm bolt. Make it have 0 cooldown and 0 mana cost.

MeTr01DPr1M3

Reaction score
You can do this by using dummy units. Create one dummy for each picked unit, and order each dummy unit to storm bolt the picked unit.

But how am I supposed to do somethng for EACH picked unit? What should I use? Thanks mates. :cool:

I'll go grab a cold one right now...

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of units in (Units in (Playable map area))), do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)

Like this, but you would have to modify it.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Picked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)

You don't need that Integer A. This should work fine, just change the group that it goes through.

E

Eternal_Pain

Consider altering the dummy the unit to have 0 movement speed and 0.00 turn rate. When the dummy unit is altered like so, you can have him cast many spells at one time (ones with 0 cooldown), you can have the dummy cast all the stormbolts at every single unit with just one dummy!

Code:
Untitled Trigger 002
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Custom script:   local unit udg_TempUnit
        Set TempGroup = (Units in (Playable map area))
        Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Set TempUnit = (Last created unit)
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set TempPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Unit - Move TempUnit instantly to TempPoint
                Unit - Order TempUnit to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
        Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to TempUnit
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)
        Custom script:   set udg_TempGroup = CreateGroup()
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

I didn't test it, so I don't know if its 100% working, normally I do everything in jass, been a while since I used GUI XP

EDIT: Remember to remove all leaks! Don't forget the leaks! Start now and your map will be better off. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.