Anyone want to "help" me make this map?

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
I got this spontaneous new map idea while laying in bed the other night...

Magic Show

Overview:
Ok, the hero selection system is like any AoS map, except the play style is very different.
Basically, it's a type of Spell Fashion show, and you try to use as many spells as you can within the set amount of time.
There will be 5 (perhaps 20) different heroes with 16 abilities each. Yeah. Tons.

There are three categories: Cool, Effort, and Beauty.
Each spell would be worth a different amount of each. Heroes have different spellbooks to learn as hero abilities, with 4 spells in each. In the spectator section, there are 3 judges; one for each category. What you have to do is score highest with each kind of judge in the specified amount of time. The highest total score wins the game. To help with single-target spells, there will be a dummy for you to cast your spells on, with no movement and 500000 HP.

Other Factors:
Different factors also play in the game, like originality and redundancy; for example, if you use the same spell three times in a row, the judge will obviously not be as impressed as if it were three different spells.
Spells have different casting time and different themes, for example, a Fireball spell (worth.. say around 3 Cool, 1 Effort, 2 Beauty), will take no time to cast, and has a one second cooldown. Meanwhile, a Flame Strike spell (around 7 Cool, 5 Effort, 4 Beauty) will take around 1 second to cast, and have a 1 second cooldown.

Rounds:
There are a total of 7 (15?) rounds; 2 for each type of skill, and 1 for overall.
The round format would be (Cool, Beauty, Effort, Cool, Beauty, Effort, overall).
I'm thinking rounds would be around 25 seconds each, you use hotkeys to use as many spells as possible, but minding of the score. Every interval (30 seconds) between rounds, you gain a level, so you can get more skills to use in the next round. During the intervals, you can buy extra spellbooks with the money you gained from last round. You may only buy 1 extra spellbook. Plus, you can buy items that increase your score with every move you do, like Blue coloring to all flame-related attacks (or something) to add +1 cool and +1 beauty or something.
Either all characters go at the same time, or each character goes at different times.

Spells:
Obviously, Blizzard spells won't be enough for the coolness and such; there are too many passive abilities. I'm hoping that AoS type spells (DotA, Age of Myths is also very good) could help. DotA's Chronosphere would be worth 10 Cool, 15 Effort, 2 Beauty, but take 2 seconds to cast and has a 5 second cooldown. Each level of spellbook adds a new spell (see Sample Spell List)
A sample spell list for a sample hero would be:
(Firelord)
(Spellbook 1: Basic)
Flame Strike: 7 Cool, 5 Effort, 4 Beauty, 1 sec casting time, 1 sec cooldown.
Volcano: 18 Cool, 13 Effort, 6 Beauty, 5 second total, channeling, 5 second cooldown.
Rain of Fire: 5 Cool, 3 Effort, 6 Beauty, .5 second casting time, 3 sec cooldown.
Fireball: 3 Cool, 1 Effort, 2 Beauty, no casting time, 1 sec cooldown.
(Spellbook 2: Cool)
Flame Ring: 8 Cool, 2 Effort, 3 Beauty, 1 second casting time, 2 second cooldown.
Flame Tornado: 17 Cool, 8 Effort, 6 Beauty, 1 sec casting time, channeling, 5 second cooldown.
Bird of Flame: 12 Cool, 4 Effort, 6 Beauty, 1 sec casting time, deactivatable, every second it is on stage -1 Cool, Effort, and Beauty on score. 3 sec cooldown.
Soul Burn: 3 Cool, 1 Effort, 1 Beauty, no casting time, .5 cooldown, can be cast twice w/ no penalty.
(Spellbook 3: Effort)
Explosion: 7 Cool, 21 Effort, 0 Beauty, 5 second casting time, kills caster. (Big Finale)
Inferno: 10 Cool, 25 Effort, 5 Beauty, 6 second casting time, each second it is on screen, -5 to Cool, Effort, and Beauty for score. Click unit to have it kill it. 3 second cooldown.
Flame Nova: 2 Cool, 9 Effort, 3 Beauty, 1 second casting time, 2 second cooldown.
Immolation: 1 Cool, 4 Effort, 2 Beauty, no second casting time, no cooldown, score increases by 1 of each "stat" each second it is on. Can be on max 5 seconds. Round to nearest whole #.
(Spellbook 4: Beauty)
Blue Fire: (Simple Blue Fire trap) 2 Cool, 1 Effort, 5 Beauty, no casting time, 1 second cooldown.
Burn: 4 Cool, 2 Effort, 9 Beauty, 1 second casting time, 1 second cooldown.
Chain Firebolt: 5 Cool, 5 Effort, 15 Beauty, 2 second casting time, 1 second cooldown.
Fire Bomb: 6 Cool, 2 Effort, 12 Beauty, 1 second casting time, 2 second cooldown.

Modes:
Normal Mode: The mode I described above.
Hard Mode: For stalling, every second you get -2 on each stat deducted from your score.
Extreme Mode: You must buy spellbooks, not learn them. You start out with 50 gold, and you get paid for how much you got on the last round each interval.
Carry-Over Mode: Scores carry over, allowing who ever won the last round to start with an advantage.
Professional Mode: Whoever got the highest on the last round will recieve -10 on all of his scores the next round.

Conclusion:
In short, this will take a lot of triggering and possibly JASS. I am good in neither. Which is why I'm requesting help, or moreover, someone to do this map. They will be the makers of the map, not me, for disclaiming and advertising purposes. If you want to make this map, PM me, and I will post who is making this map on this post. Once I post who is making the map, people are free to help, with the makers consent. The heroes/triggering alone will probably take at least 2-3 people.

You are free to leave feedback on this idea or suggestions. I am just giving the idea. If you are making the map, you do not have to include everything, as it will take forever and be really boring after a while.

End.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.