Anyone want to "help" me make this map?

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
I got this spontaneous new map idea while laying in bed the other night...

Magic Show

Overview:
Ok, the hero selection system is like any AoS map, except the play style is very different.
Basically, it's a type of Spell Fashion show, and you try to use as many spells as you can within the set amount of time.
There will be 5 (perhaps 20) different heroes with 16 abilities each. Yeah. Tons.

There are three categories: Cool, Effort, and Beauty.
Each spell would be worth a different amount of each. Heroes have different spellbooks to learn as hero abilities, with 4 spells in each. In the spectator section, there are 3 judges; one for each category. What you have to do is score highest with each kind of judge in the specified amount of time. The highest total score wins the game. To help with single-target spells, there will be a dummy for you to cast your spells on, with no movement and 500000 HP.

Other Factors:
Different factors also play in the game, like originality and redundancy; for example, if you use the same spell three times in a row, the judge will obviously not be as impressed as if it were three different spells.
Spells have different casting time and different themes, for example, a Fireball spell (worth.. say around 3 Cool, 1 Effort, 2 Beauty), will take no time to cast, and has a one second cooldown. Meanwhile, a Flame Strike spell (around 7 Cool, 5 Effort, 4 Beauty) will take around 1 second to cast, and have a 1 second cooldown.

Rounds:
There are a total of 7 (15?) rounds; 2 for each type of skill, and 1 for overall.
The round format would be (Cool, Beauty, Effort, Cool, Beauty, Effort, overall).
I'm thinking rounds would be around 25 seconds each, you use hotkeys to use as many spells as possible, but minding of the score. Every interval (30 seconds) between rounds, you gain a level, so you can get more skills to use in the next round. During the intervals, you can buy extra spellbooks with the money you gained from last round. You may only buy 1 extra spellbook. Plus, you can buy items that increase your score with every move you do, like Blue coloring to all flame-related attacks (or something) to add +1 cool and +1 beauty or something.
Either all characters go at the same time, or each character goes at different times.

Spells:
Obviously, Blizzard spells won't be enough for the coolness and such; there are too many passive abilities. I'm hoping that AoS type spells (DotA, Age of Myths is also very good) could help. DotA's Chronosphere would be worth 10 Cool, 15 Effort, 2 Beauty, but take 2 seconds to cast and has a 5 second cooldown. Each level of spellbook adds a new spell (see Sample Spell List)
A sample spell list for a sample hero would be:
(Firelord)
(Spellbook 1: Basic)
Flame Strike: 7 Cool, 5 Effort, 4 Beauty, 1 sec casting time, 1 sec cooldown.
Volcano: 18 Cool, 13 Effort, 6 Beauty, 5 second total, channeling, 5 second cooldown.
Rain of Fire: 5 Cool, 3 Effort, 6 Beauty, .5 second casting time, 3 sec cooldown.
Fireball: 3 Cool, 1 Effort, 2 Beauty, no casting time, 1 sec cooldown.
(Spellbook 2: Cool)
Flame Ring: 8 Cool, 2 Effort, 3 Beauty, 1 second casting time, 2 second cooldown.
Flame Tornado: 17 Cool, 8 Effort, 6 Beauty, 1 sec casting time, channeling, 5 second cooldown.
Bird of Flame: 12 Cool, 4 Effort, 6 Beauty, 1 sec casting time, deactivatable, every second it is on stage -1 Cool, Effort, and Beauty on score. 3 sec cooldown.
Soul Burn: 3 Cool, 1 Effort, 1 Beauty, no casting time, .5 cooldown, can be cast twice w/ no penalty.
(Spellbook 3: Effort)
Explosion: 7 Cool, 21 Effort, 0 Beauty, 5 second casting time, kills caster. (Big Finale)
Inferno: 10 Cool, 25 Effort, 5 Beauty, 6 second casting time, each second it is on screen, -5 to Cool, Effort, and Beauty for score. Click unit to have it kill it. 3 second cooldown.
Flame Nova: 2 Cool, 9 Effort, 3 Beauty, 1 second casting time, 2 second cooldown.
Immolation: 1 Cool, 4 Effort, 2 Beauty, no second casting time, no cooldown, score increases by 1 of each "stat" each second it is on. Can be on max 5 seconds. Round to nearest whole #.
(Spellbook 4: Beauty)
Blue Fire: (Simple Blue Fire trap) 2 Cool, 1 Effort, 5 Beauty, no casting time, 1 second cooldown.
Burn: 4 Cool, 2 Effort, 9 Beauty, 1 second casting time, 1 second cooldown.
Chain Firebolt: 5 Cool, 5 Effort, 15 Beauty, 2 second casting time, 1 second cooldown.
Fire Bomb: 6 Cool, 2 Effort, 12 Beauty, 1 second casting time, 2 second cooldown.

Modes:
Normal Mode: The mode I described above.
Hard Mode: For stalling, every second you get -2 on each stat deducted from your score.
Extreme Mode: You must buy spellbooks, not learn them. You start out with 50 gold, and you get paid for how much you got on the last round each interval.
Carry-Over Mode: Scores carry over, allowing who ever won the last round to start with an advantage.
Professional Mode: Whoever got the highest on the last round will recieve -10 on all of his scores the next round.

Conclusion:
In short, this will take a lot of triggering and possibly JASS. I am good in neither. Which is why I'm requesting help, or moreover, someone to do this map. They will be the makers of the map, not me, for disclaiming and advertising purposes. If you want to make this map, PM me, and I will post who is making this map on this post. Once I post who is making the map, people are free to help, with the makers consent. The heroes/triggering alone will probably take at least 2-3 people.

You are free to leave feedback on this idea or suggestions. I am just giving the idea. If you are making the map, you do not have to include everything, as it will take forever and be really boring after a while.

End.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.