Other Arcane Corruption

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Arcane Corruption
~Pineapple

Back Story

Years have past, centuries in fact since the Birth of Darkness. The world is in an eternal blight, infested by the creature that spewed forth from the void. Goblins, ogres, dragons, demons, they all came from the void to conquer the land. In this time the spiritual warriors rose to even greater power and authority. The paladins, priests, druids and shaman rose to the top of the ranks. The Races of the world more divided then ever before.

The Vampires were granted a humanoid appearance in return for releasing the demons of the void an the werewolves fight on trying to stop them from doing just that. Humans have build huge strongholds and covered themselves in protection. They do no even associate with the other races. The dwarves still live in there mountain but they have stopped mining for minerals to mine for metals to forge weapons. And the elves...

Elves are a vain race. After the darkness rose the council had used the night elves as a scape goat as usual. The elves had been banished from the surface. Everyone had thought they were dead, it would appear not. Deep underground they build a new civilization and they do not tolerate intruders. They are now called the 'Dark Elves'...​

Arcane

Arcane is a substance that can be found in a thick liquid form, not unlike mercury. This arcane could be used and channeled through the body to grant the user magical powers. Before the birth of darkness it was common place. But that changed afterwards, it was shunned, people using it were punished. Only the demons and the vampires would use it.

Not all magic required the assistance of Arcane, no, any of the spiritual magic required no Arcane, priests and paladins would call to there god to lend them strength to heal allies and kill enemies. The druids and shamans talk to the earth and ask it for assistance is dealing with the enemies.​

Heroes

Balnaar Player 1

Balnaar is a holy warrior, a paladin. He was transferred underground to the rather appropriately names fungus hamlet. He was originally guarding the holy church in Castle Halthitel. Once the Dark Elves were discovered and proved hostile they moved many soldiers to the tunnel to fortify. the dark elves proved to strong knocking the soldiers back. Some of the paladins were then sent below, Balnaar being one, to different towns. not to defend them, so much as eliminating the threat.

Initial Form: Paladin
The paladin can deal a fair amount of damage with his physical attacks, though he does them quite slowly. The paladin relies on the might of god to keep him alive and defeat his foes. He will often be seen with a spells which can heal of to damage in an area around him. He can cause enemies that attack him to take damage as well. The paladin is best described as a good defensive form, used when taking on multiple enemies.

Second Form: Templar
The templar does not fight with god, but for him. He can do damage quickly and does his best to dodge any attacks tat come for him to prevent the damage. Though as a templar he will ask god for assistance when needed, with gods help he can smite one creature or cleanse the area of creatures. More impressively however is his ability to convert a creature to fight for his god turning them into allies. This form is best used when fighting an enemy one on one.

Third Form: Knight
The knight does fight along side god such as the paladin does and will call to him to make his goals easier to achieve. He rides a horse making him the fastest form and as such uses abilities that make traveling quick and deadly. He can instantly switch places with a targeted unit, but more then that, the swap deals damage to both the unit’s health and mana. He can also create a divine shield around him, pushing all units that try to enter it out and damaging them. When the knight finds himself against mass units he can sent out a holy sphere to travel forwards, damaging the enemy and then he can switch places with the orb to get past them. This form is great at moving from point a to B.

Tharon Player 2

From the lush elven capital of Territh, Tharon was positioned underground to deal with and eliminate the Night Elves. They have had a rivalry with Night Elves since Arcane was dicovered, and Tharon grew up hating them. He spent much of his life training to become one with nature as most Elves do now. And As such he has learned quite a few things about manipulating the Earth Around him.

Initial Form: Ranger
The Ranger is a warrior adept at using a large bow and Nature. Rangers are one with Nature much like druids are but do not rely just on the forces of nature to get a job done. Rangers will often use there own brawn as well. The Ranger prefers to stay out of harms way, he will often use spells that could cause damage to the units coming for him, bursting the ground infront of him in a line. As well, he can damage the units around him then send rocks from the earth outwards to hit any units close enough. He will often replace his standard piercing arrows for arrows that are made of stone, dealing a little more damage and knocknig the enemy back, and away from him.

Second Form: Scorched Bear
To come later

Third Form: Storm Raven
To come later

Forms

Forms work just how you would think, you press a skill or ability and you switch from your current form into the new one. This would give you new abilities, and, a new start. That’s right; each form is its own hero and need to be leveled up individually. You will find that the forms you can change into each have there own advantages and disadvantages make you choose the most strategic for what you want to do.​

Everything Else

Interaction

You will have a spell book on your hero with a few abilities in it. These abilities allow you to interact with your surroundings you can talk to people, inspect objects, inspect people, and monsters. Also in this spell book would be your abilities to switch between forms.

Food and Sleep

You are never invincible in this game, when creeps are not attacking you there is your hunger and rest to worry about. If your hunger reaches 100 you starved to death and that brings a game over for both players, so you both need to survive. Likewise you want your rest to never reach 0 else you will die as well. Oh, but don’t worry too much. Your hunger goes up by one every thirty seconds, same with your rest going down one. You will not be focusing on your hunger and sleep in the game.

Day and Night

Day and night play a big part of this game, at night new areas are opened, old ones are closed and most importantly, the gate to the town does not open at night. So you are locked out. The day night cycle passes one minute every two seconds, this means one full day is forty-eight minutes. Night starts a eight and goes until six, it lasts for ten hours, or, 20 minutes real time. Unconfirmed as of now is if new creatures will come out a night.

Terrain

Everyone loves terrain. Lets get started with what the town will look like! =D

Quite the Strange man, I wonder what he does?
Always be on your toes, always be alert.
Someone needs to watch out for the townsfolk...
It would appear that the path is closed...
There has to be something in there, right?

Your Suggestions

Post them! That way I can turn them down and say “No! Bad! Bad!” though seriously, feel free to post them, I may use them, you never know. Also care to join the team? Well then, no way. This is for the most part a solo project. That does not mean I wont post and ask for assistance or if someone is willing to do specific triggers which I feel (or know) I couldn’t do myself. As of now the only thing I am interested in would be a spell creator.

Credits

Lots of thanks goes out to the people posting spells in the spell form, that’s where I got most of the spells I used, don’t know who posted what one exactly, but well, I didn’t make them all (I am terrible at triggered spells).​

ArcaneCorruptioncopy.jpg

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like good fun. I am looking forward to it.

I read that you need skinners. Shame I don't have PS at the moment, or I would have helped you out there.

Anyways, good luck on this project. :thup:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Sounds like good fun. I am looking forward to it.

I read that you need skinners. Shame I don't have PS at the moment, or I would have helped you out there.

Anyways, good luck on this project. :thup:

Thanks, and as it turns out a skinner will not be required! =D I Figured out what I should do to get what I want, plus getting someone else to do it never works, they won't have the same vision of how it should look.

---------

Updated with some Terrain. Go enjoy!

Also, all cliffs will be the blizzard default cliffs. They don't look that bad in the right hands. :thup:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
This is a Campaign I am guessing?

Really, I am only things I am good at these days are Storyboarding/Idea Creation and Terraining...

If you need any of those 2 things just tell me

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
This looks just awesome. The terrain is great too. Though I'm a bit confused on what it is exactly.... RPG? Campaign? Anyways the story is also quite good.

A question, are the 'forms' of your hero like different classes he can play as?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
This is a Campaign I am guessing?

Really, I am only things I am good at these days are Storyboarding/Idea Creation and Terraining...

If you need any of those 2 things just tell me

I won't be needing that, have the entire thing already plotted out ;)

This looks just awesome. The terrain is great too. Though I'm a bit confused on what it is exactly.... RPG? Campaign? Anyways the story is also quite good.

2 player campaign, it take a long while to complete and its only on one map. Will have all the stuff you expect, cinematics, dialogue, etc...

A question, are the 'forms' of your hero like different classes he can play as?

Thats pretty much a good way to see it. When he switches 'form' or 'class' then he has to learn a bunch of new things, how to use the weapon, the spells, etc... So its like changing class. Or even like becoming an entirely new hero, where the only connection between them is thier health. :thup:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Looks and sounds sweet. Nice storyline, btw.

The terrain is pretty nice; only thing I notice is that... it seems a bit overstuffed with doodads and stuff, are you sure people will be able to walk :p? It probably looks even better in game mode, too. :)

I'll get some suggestions after... my day stuff. Good luck with this! :thup:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Bump-date

2 New terrain Screen shots
Updated completion gauges
More Information on Player 2's Character

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
If it's boring, then keep it to yourself. I don't see you making stories. You're the only one complaining. and stop spamming posts that are like 5 words that are useless.

So, Pineapple, I wanted to ask you something since the first time I saw this... it's 2 players only right?

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Lol, cemeh (I won't bother spelling it right, it's too confusing) always posts some complaint then vine posts right after.

Offtopic ^^

That new SS of the gate thingy is nice.
Anyways, is this a fully underground map? Because that would make the Day/Night feature be somewhat not-making-sense-ish.

The rest/food thing sounds cool, I just hope it doesn't become too involving in the game.

131ackout

Love the terrains!

They're that unique potential. Keep mappin'! :thup:

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
If it's boring, then keep it to yourself. I don't see you making stories. You're the only one complaining. and stop spamming posts that are like 5 words that are useless.

So, Pineapple, I wanted to ask you something since the first time I saw this... it's 2 players only right?

Yea, two players.

That new SS of the gate thingy is nice.
Anyways, is this a fully underground map? Because that would make the Day/Night feature be somewhat not-making-sense-ish.

The rest/food thing sounds cool, I just hope it doesn't become too involving in the game.

It shouldnt become to borring, the way it is, you would have had to ingnore sleep/foor for about... 1 hour real time? Also, I might add that using magic makes you tierd as well.

It is fully underground. And as for the day/night thing, It doesn't effect visiblity, but what I mean by it is that new areas opening )i.e. portals to new areas) as well magic walls barricading certain areas. I will also ad that once it turns night, certain monsters, will come out (magic beasts). So, its nothing natural with day and night. Night just brings out the magical essance of the place.

Love the terrains!

They're that unique potential. Keep mappin'! :thup:

Thanks, I am loving the terrain I well. I find blizzard cliffs work fin if you use them right. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.