attaching animations

Orphen_123

Reaction score
i wanna make it so one of the units im making has like fire coming off his hands. like when a unit casts bloodlust except i dont want it to be a spell, just always there from the 2nd they r built, how do u do that, like the ranger has on the DOTA maps with his bow on fire

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
If you just want the hands, you'll probably have to use a model editor. Otherwise, you could probably apply the Bloodlust buff.

Orphen_123

Reaction score
how do u apply the buff though. can u do it without making them cast a spell. i tried once where the unit had a aura which gave that afffect but then they have a spell in the action panel that does nothing...lol if u no wat i mean

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
You could make a modified version of the spell with a duration of 0 (infinite) as well as 0 for the effects and use a dummy to apply it whenever a unit enters the map.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
Create a new unit to use as a dummy. Then create a new ability based off of Bloodlust with no effects/bonuses. Then use a trigger to do these things:

1. Create the dummy unit.
2. Add the new bloodlust ability to it.
3. Order the dummy to cast the ability on a unit.
4. Remove the dummy.

If the ability takes longer to cast, add an action to hide the dummy when it's created. You can probably do a search for dummies if you want more specifics.

substance

Reaction score
It's hard to look passed the absolutely hideous grammar, but I think all he wants is a special effect attatchment on a unit's hands. Takes one line to trigger.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Takes one line to trigger.

Is there a way to use just part of the bloodlust model and attach it to the hands?

Orphen_123

Reaction score
lol dont worry i found a way to do it. didnt use triggers either. i made a custom ability based on 'item attack frost bonus' which is wat a orb of frost has. then i gave that to my custom unit and just chaged the animation.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.