Attaching Beam Effect to Unit?

Kildare

Reaction score
Is it possible to attach a Beam Effect to a unit(assuming that unit is a beam projectile)? If yes, how do you do it?

Example: I have a unit that uses the Mothership Beam attack model.

wingdnosring

Reaction score
I've been wondering this for some time as well. If you change the model of your actor to the beam model, all you get is a straight line that moves up and down, which looks really lame.

Reaction score
It would be very simple if you would just attach the beam by giving your unit the Mothership weapon. That way, the weapon's system takes care of all the attachment details.

What sort of visual are you trying to achieve?

Kildare

Reaction score
I just want the unit to have a beam effect that would trail behind it to its destination.

Kildare

Reaction score
No that's nto what i want. An example of what i want would be this: The unit's beam model would STRETCH from it's starting point to it's target destination, following behind it whereever the unit goes. Just imagine as if the unit is a beam weapon, but it's a unit, just that the beam is TRACKING the unit and the starting point is the "unit" making the beam.

EDIT: Oh and if possible i want to this via the Data Editor. But if that's impossible then i wouldn't mind a triggered solution. Thanks.

Kildare

Reaction score
yes but instead of the effect coming from a unit and it comes from a skill i want the effect to come from the point of "birth" and follows the unit wherever it goes. Just imagine a unit tied with a rope that's attached to the point where it was first created.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.